Coughlin returning to Pro Stock 2012- video story, release and more video (1 Viewer)

I know Jeggie has hired Dave Yediny and Tommie from Charlie Greco's comp team to be on his team-both of those guys are really smart and are terrific people-they worked on some Pro Stock Truck teams in the past-good luck to Jeggie next year.

"There's no doubt we have the capacity to be frontrunners right from the start of the season in Pomona (Calif.). "

Wow, Jeg's quote from the team press release is pretty aggressive.

If they can get a new engine program and car setup that competitive that fast it would be pretty impressive but that's a lot to bite off in a short amount of time, it will be very interesting to see what happens.

Its a tough, tough class, I don't think any new Pro Stock team has ever come in during the offseason and become a front runner right at Pomona.

"There's no doubt we have the capacity to be frontrunners right from the start of the season in Pomona (Calif.). "

Wow, Jeg's quote from the team press release is pretty aggressive.

You want him to say: "well, we'll be working on it, and we'll give it a shot, but to be honest we're looking at a couple of lackluster years while we develop this program." ?? Not sure any sponsor wants to hear that...

And notice he said "we have the capacity to..." not "we are going to be...". I have the capacity to run a marathon, not gonna happen. :)

Jeggie in a Dodge??? Say it ain't so!!!

Damn..........

Sean D

Hey......:mad: I root for many non-Dodge teams, you should be open minded about Jeggie fielding a Dodge. The Summit cars (are they really Pontiacs???) are by far and away the leaders of the class. I've rooted for them all season (aside from the fact there is no such thing as a "Pontiac"), Greg and Jason are the kings of the class. I sure hope they run a Camaro next year...that would be super cool.

PS getting really close to having top ten talent in each of (3) detroit mfg'rs.;
can only help the class; if they'd only lose the scoop.
yes, hope summit runs camaros next year too, followed soon by challenger
prototype hopefully by mid-next year.

New Mopar hemi cylinder heads are out for 2012.They are a bit different than what is being used today....

You want him to say: "well, we'll be working on it, and we'll give it a shot, but to be honest we're looking at a couple of lackluster years while we develop this program." ?? Not sure any sponsor wants to hear that...

And notice he said "we have the capacity to..." not "we are going to be...". I have the capacity to run a marathon, not gonna happen. :)

Chris, I don't hold anything against him for making that aggressive statement, bold is good.

But I'll have to admit I was a little taken aback, I agree you want to get the sponsors excited but you don't want to set their expectations too high at the first race.

But if they can meet them that would be a real accomplishment.

You are forgetting Mike Edwards circa 2009. :)

If any team does have the capability of starting that strong with a new operation, it's Team Jegs. I expect success from them.

i wonder if they considered a multi car team by letting some of the other coughlin boys join the party, i mean after all there are 3 summit cars

Hey......:mad: I root for many non-Dodge teams, you should be open minded about Jeggie fielding a Dodge. The Summit cars (are they really Pontiacs???) are by far and away the leaders of the class. I've rooted for them all season (aside from the fact there is no such thing as a "Pontiac"), Greg and Jason are the kings of the class. I sure hope they run a Camaro next year...that would be super cool.

Lighten up, Johnny! :D

I appreciate your diversity, but I was raised by a 30-year GM line mechanic, so it's been Cheverolet for me since day-one. I do, however, appreciate the fact that more and more cars of different makes are getting on par with the GM cars, but at the end of the day, it's certainly not like the old days. It's unfortunate that these cars have all but morphed into Funny Cars, ie very similar under the hood with simply different skins. That being said, rooting for a particular factory make doesn't have nearly the same meaning anymore. :mad:

Bottom line, Mopar just got one of the best pure drivers our sport has ever seen, so they should be tickled to death.

New Mopar hemi cylinder heads are out for 2012.They are a bit different than what is being used today....

How are they different? Are they actually Hemi heads this time? ;)

Sean D

Pro Stock Cylinder Head:

Debuting for Pro Stock competition in the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA), is a new symmetrical port design cylinder head. The bare aluminum cylinder head is available under part number P5155906. For teams running Dodge Avengers for 2012 in NHRA, either the current asymmetrical cylinder head or the new symmetrical will be permitted.

Really glad to see that Jeggie is returning, but not that excited about it being in a Mopar. Not because I don't like Dodge, moreso that it's another ugly ass Avenger. Hopefully the Challenger is on it's way sometime down the road.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back