Coughlin brothers ready for encore performance in Norwalk (1 Viewer)

Coughlin brothers ready for encore performance in Norwalk

NORWALK, Ohio (May 13) – Team JEGS drivers John and Mike Coughlin will look to continue their hot starts to the 2008 season when the North Central Division Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series resumes this weekend in Norwalk, Ohio. Both Coughlin’s are energized and following a pair of wins at the season-opening event at O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis three weeks ago. Mike claimed the Top Sportsman title while John won in Super Stock with his JEGS.com Chevy Cobalt. It was the second time in the last year that the Coughlin brothers have shared the winner’s circle at an NHRA Lucas Oil Series event.

“That was a great way to start the season, now Mike and I just need to keep the momentum going,” said John, who will compete in Super Stock and Top Dragster. “Any time you have a successful weekend, you want to keep going. The next race can’t arrive soon enough and that’s the way we feel right now. We’re anxious to get back to the track.”

Following their early-season success, Mike is on track to defend his 2007 Division 3 Top Sportsman championship. He is currently leading the standings, despite having competed in just two events with his 200-mph JEGS.com Cobalt. John, who won the Division 3 title in Top Dragster last season and posted a very respectable second-place finish in Super Stock, is currently ranked third in both eliminators.

“It’s still early in the season; too early to start counting points but it’s good to know that we’re in striking distance,” said Mike. “For John and I the goal is always the same – go out and race hard, have fun and let the points take care of themselves. That’s the approach we took last year and it worked well. We were both involved in very intense points battles but I don’t think that either one of us let the pressure get to us.”

The Coughlin brothers plan to take part in a test session at their home track, National Trail Raceway, before making the quick 90-mile jaunt to Norwalk in time for the start of qualifying on Friday, May 16.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back