Coughlin brothers head for O’Reilly Raceway Park Lucas Oil Series event (1 Viewer)

Coughlin brothers head for O’Reilly Raceway Park Lucas Oil Series event

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (July 18) – While their younger brother Jeg is taking part in the annual three-week Western Swing of NHRA national events in Denver, Seattle, and Sonoma, Calif., with his JEGS.com Pro Stock Cobalt, John and Mike Coughlin are in the midst of their own mid-summer marathon of three-straight Division 3 Lucas Oil Series events. Following last week’s event in Madison, Ill., the Coughlin’s will head to O’Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis where Mike will continue his pursuit of the Top Sportsman title and John will race his JEGS.com Chevy Cobalt in Super Stock.

“This is our busiest time of the season with three races in three weeks and it is a real opportunity to make a move in the points,” said John. “Mike and I struggled a bit last week in St. Louis so it’s nice to have an opportunity to get right back out there. We've both been driving well this year and we've got a couple of very competitive race cars so I think we'll win some rounds here. Besides, I always love racing in Indianapolis because our family has had a lot of success here over the years.”

John is currently ranked 15th in the Super Stock standings, but he has attended just four events, while most of those above him have earned points at five races. John is also the current points leader in Top Dragster, but that eliminator isn't being contested this weekend, allowing him to devote his full attention to Super Stock.

Mike Coughlin enters this weekend’s Lucas Oil Series event as the second-ranked driver in Top Sportsman, but is well within striking distance of current leader Billy Vaughn. Vaughn has also competed in five races while Coughlin still has a race in hand.

“If I can put together a good race this weekend, it will go a long way towards helping me win the championship,” Mike said. “There is still a lot of racing left to do this season, but it’s always nice to be one of the contenders.”

Following this weekend’s event in Indianapolis, the Division 3 Lucas Oil Drag Racing series will move to National Trail Raceway, the home track for the JEGS Mail Order team, next weekend, July 27-29.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back