Cory Lee! again (1 Viewer)

NitroBilly

Nitro Member
I seen some post a while back about Cory Lee and how he was disliked among his piers! or maybe they just saying he's nuts? any way I don't know how anyone could not like Cory, sure when he drove for us he scared the hell out of us a lot but what the heck he's fun to hang with!
I remember standing in the tower talking with some Mac tool guys when I looked up to see Cory leaving hard and the next thing I see is the entire drivers side of our car???? at about a 1000ft, it took a second for it to sink in, the luny still had his foot in it!!! gotta love that!!!
Maybe we could get Cory to head up "Who's fastest at 1000 foot sideways with out bangin it" contest! what you think Cory??? YA in, Ya in well are ya in ?

I've always been a huge fan of Cory Lee, and I can't think of any time that I've read any negative posts of him on the Mater.:confused:

Probably the ONLY person that I could think of that would say anything negative about him is this certain gate security gaurd. :D

I've met Cory a few times and he's a nice guy and a hell of a good driver. He also crew chiefs on Gary Turner's car.

I've always been a huge fan of Cory Lee, and I can't think of any time that I've read any negative posts of him on the Mater.:confused:

Probably the ONLY person that I could think of that would say anything negative about him is this certain gate security gaurd. :D

Was that Cory Lee that had the run-in with the security guard? I could've sworn it was Bazemore, or are these two separate incidents?

Come on Cory let's blow something up!;)

I paid for those "port-a-jons" Vinnie Napp thought it was hilarious. Told me if he was not responsible for the toilets, he would have just let it go! What Cory did not know was that Vinnie was setting in the grandstands watching the whole thing ...

And yes, I thought it was hilarious too!

Cory damn sure has his peculiarities ... lord does he!! .... BUT Cory always busted his tail for my team, was loyal, a good friend ... And I always knew four things .. 1) Everything would be neat and clean! 2) The car was 100% when I sat in it 3) He at all times and in all circumstances had my back 4) It was going to be entertaining!

Happy New Year C Lee!!

This HAS NOT been a paid endorsement!

Last edited:
I thought it was Hoffman that had the run in with security at Gainesville...

Hollywood...I sent you an email!

I worked for Cory on Hoov's car and you could always count on him being 100% hard core on those four thing. What is Cory up to these days?

He's tuning Gary Turner's Nostalgia Funny Car driven by Kris Krabil. They are one of the best running teams on the West Coast.

We were pulling into the track when the top of the drum hit the ground, people were ducking and running. DCjr

What year did this "incident" happen ?

I remember hearing about it what seems like a LONG time ago from a former track operator ;););)

Was funny then & now

TK

What year did this "incident" happen ?

I remember hearing about it what seems like a LONG time ago from a former track operator ;););)

Was funny then & now

TK

That would be 1994 Englishtown ... the Monday after the event. And yes, the s@*t literally hit the fan .. and almost hit Helen Hoffman as well!! She was less than happy .. although Al saw a certain amount of humor in it!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back