Corvair Funny Cars (1 Viewer)

I love this picture hanging on the wall of Duggan's Irish Pub on Woodward Ave. Royal Oak Michigan. But of course I'm from Detroit and always loved the Seaton Super Shaker cars.
Moto g4 Pics 268 (2).jpg

That shot is ultra cool. Del Heinert drove the injected version before Terry. Terry was a flippin animal with Pete's car.

TopFuel@Lions

The automatic transmissions were the big bug-a-boos of that era, so many cars broke after a run or two. Alternates got to make some runs and a little bank.

TopFuel@Lions

That shot is ultra cool. Del Heinert drove the injected version before Terry. Terry was a flippin animal with Pete's car.

TopFuel@Lions
I was on the fence in the pits at Detroit Dragway when Delmar did one of his famous 3 wheel, wheelies in the '65 Chevelle. It came down and came right at us, drove along the berm and when it got back on the track it rolled several times. He was fine but what a memory. This picture is also at Duggan's.
Moto g4 Pics 275.jpg

Del was some driver. Some of the Corvair rides besides some mentioned in previous posts were fun to watch. Machine Gun Kelly, Jim Maybeck, Ward and Guzman, Pisano, Ronnie Runyon to name a couple more. Doug Thorleys ride to me was the top 'Vair' car.

TopFuel@Lions

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back