Congrats Shawn Langdon (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
I'm glad to see Al Anabi back in the swing of things. Congrats to them for two cars in the final and Shawn Langdon for his win.

That said, I expect to catch some flack for this post as there are a few people on here who dislike Al Anabi for myriad reasons. That's the cost of posting on nitromater.!

I think that a great rivalry is being renewed. The ebb and flow is very interesting in my opinion. The Alan Johnson domination that (most) everyone expected never has taken place. What has developed is a good rivalry with both Al Anabi and DSR showing signs of strength. Other teams and individuals have also shown great promise. Now my thought is we will have a real rivalry battle take place that should be fun to watch! :eek:

I'm happy for Shawn but I wish it wasn't with Al-anabi.

Between the god squad once again giving a sermon in the top end and the TF final, the only things that saved the event from being a brutal telecast was Michael Ray and Matt Hagan getting a well-deserved win. Oh, and finally a brunette trophy girl. :eek:

Between the god squad once again giving a sermon in the top end and the TF final, the only things that saved the event from being a brutal telecast was Michael Ray and Matt Hagan getting a well-deserved win. Oh, and finally a brunette trophy girl. :eek:
I haven't really been paying that much attention to drag racing this year, so I'm a little out of touch...so who is the god squad?:confused:

Eugene...........

Just guessing but, I believe Samuel is referring to Mike Edwards. And there is nothing wrong with what Mike conveys!!

Mitch

I'm glad to see Al Anabi back in the swing of things. Congrats to them for two cars in the final and Shawn Langdon for his win.

That said, I expect to catch some flack for this post as there are a few people on here who dislike Al Anabi for myriad reasons. That's the cost of posting on nitromater.!

Having two cars from the same team in the final made for a boring final..in fact i thought it was one of the least exciting races ive been to in years. The good thing about sunday was that the race moved along at a fast pace. No oildowns also helped. But that was also one of the bad things about the race. Very little time to be in the pits. I didnt want to go over to the sportman pit area be cause there was not enough time between rounds. I know nhra was worried about a storm coming in so it was necessary to move things along. Also there was too much dsr racing dsr , force racing force and the alanabi vs alanabi final was anti- climatic. Brittany vs shawn would have been a hoot.
Spencer,tony,hagan,beckman,gray.......it seems like drag racing has dsr coming out of its ears. It would have been nice to see clay move up the ladder and tim and vandergriff or even brandon. Lagana going into the semis would have added some excitement. Dont get me wrong, any day at the drag races is a great day but sunday seemed a little flat or predictable. Lets hope we get more diversity in the next couple of races

You truly are a douche bag!!!

Having two cars from the same team in the final made for a boring final..in fact i thought it was one of the least exciting races ive been to in years. The good thing about sunday was that the race moved along at a fast pace. No oildowns also helped. But that was also one of the bad things about the race. Very little time to be in the pits. I didnt want to go over to the sportman pit area be cause there was not enough time between rounds. I know nhra was worried about a storm coming in so it was necessary to move things along. Also there was too much dsr racing dsr , force racing force and the alanabi vs alanabi final was anti- climatic. Brittany vs shawn would have been a hoot.
Spencer,tony,hagan,beckman,gray.......it seems like drag racing has dsr coming out of its ears. It would have been nice to see clay move up the ladder and tim and vandergriff or even brandon. Lagana going into the semis would have added some excitement. Dont get me wrong, any day at the drag races is a great day but sunday seemed a little flat or predictable. Lets hope we get more diversity in the next couple of races

Waaahhhhhhhh!!!

Step up or step- its a big boy sport.

You sound like the kind of guy that would whine about Big, Snake or Sox in the day

Waaahhhhhhhh!!!

Step up or step- its a big boy sport.

You sound like the kind of guy that would whine about Big, Snake or Sox in the day

No... you're missing my point. When snake raced mongoose it was exciting. If snake had another funny car and he raced his team mate in the final it would not be as exciting. Pretty simple concept. Its not about domination its about competition.

Oh, and finally a brunette trophy girl. :eek:

-eye roll- lol

how the top-end interview really went.

"What do you do for a living?"
"I'm a Toyota Executive and I am handing this gold thingy to this guy here because it looks like he scored the winning touchdown."

"And you? What do you do for a living?"
"I drive a Top Fuel Dragster and have a helluva reaction time average."

"You my dear? What do you do for a living?"
"I'm pretty."

No... you're missing my point. When snake raced mongoose it was exciting. If snake had another funny car and he raced his team mate in the final it would not be as exciting. Pretty simple concept. Its not about domination its about competition.

You're missing my point: All those names I listed dominated their class for an entire season or more- just as DSR and JFR have been doing for the past decade or more. The "also-rans" of the day stepped up their game and became top competitors; seems today that at least half of the field in the Pro catagories seem to be all good with first round loser money (PSB is a perfect example).

Seems that Vandergriff stepped up and bought himself the tools he needs to be an A Lister- and there are a few of the other teams that are realizing that you have to spend some to make some- buying the better parts, hiring the better crewchiefs, getting their $hit together overall... The Don and JF have invested a lot into this sport to make themselves sucessful, and in turn, it has made the sport more publically acceptable outside of the small circle we exist in (Don and John having sucessful women in/ on Pro rides and let's not even mention the Antron Brown effect. AJR technology has given us the benchmark that all others strive to achieve, not only on the track, but in the shop and on the design board as well). Those teams earned every win, and if it turns out that they are dominating, it means the rest of the folks need to step up or step out.

OR- wait for NHRA to devistate the creative engineering side again by bulldozing the rules to make everyone play with the same exact balls....

I understand Barry's point. The names Martin listed are all individuals. DSR and JFR are teams. Sure Wilkerson can step up his game and beat John, maybe even beat Courtney, but then has to face Hight. It's harder for the "little guy" to step up to beat an army of cars (no pun intended) than it is to beat Big Daddy as just one of 16 or 32 competitors.

No matter what people think, it has always been harder to win a race than it seems.
As for money, I read a quote somewhere that said it takes the same amount to run a fuel car today as it did back then.....ALL YOU HAVE :D

I like to see the smaller teams win, too. That said, I am glad that Al Anabi has sorted out the gremlins they had last year and are once again contenders. Competition is good...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back