Congrats Doug Gordon (1 Viewer)

Chili

Nitro Member
Congratulations to Doug and his family for winning his 2nd consecutive and 3rd overall National Championship. 14 cars this weekend and I believe every single one of them ran 5.58 or better during the event. With the championship locked up I wonder if we will see Maddie get behind the wheel at one of the final events this year?

TAFC: E2
k. smith's holeshot win over s. bellemuer, combined with d. gordon's win over m. gill gives mr. gordon the championship.

TAD: E3
j. nataas with holeshot win and quickest pass of weekend over s. cowie, gives ms. nataas her first championship.
a huge congratulations to this young lady, more than likely only at the beginning of much more success.

the tv time given to both these great champions was very cool to watch.

I’ve talked to Doug several times over the years and he has always been awesome to talk to. We were walking the staging lanes in Indy this year and Maddie was walking by to go check out the starting line. My wife stopped her to wish her luck next year and she was just as nice as her dad. She is excited to drive and she will do a great job. A championship is a tall task but I wouldn’t rule it out.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. This was a dream way to finish off my TAFC driving career. Maddi will be taking over for sure starting in 2024 but the plan is for me to still run the final 3 events this year. We still have a slight chance of locking up the West region championship if we can win the Regional event at Vegas. We will give it a go at the championship in '24 with Maddi behind the wheel but it would be a crazy feat as a new driver to achieve. Our goals will be more to get her comfortable driving and aim for maybe top 5 finish. But time will tell. Either way will be fun and exciting.
Thanks again to everyone
Doug Gordon
#1 TAFC

It was great meeting you at Indy this year, and congratulations on your Championship! Looking forward to seeing you and your family out there next year.

It is hard to believe watching that KID (Doug) grow up for so many years to become a multi time champion. I watched his dad Mike race for years who was also a great driver. and now passing the driving on to Doug's daughter WOW, damn I am getting old. and the leader of the team Doug's mother a real sweet heart that gives great hugs let the championships continue.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

Last edited:
It is hard to believe watching that KID (Doug) grow up for so many years to become a multi time champion. I watched his dad Mike race for years who was also a great driver. and now passing the driving on to Doug's daughter WOW, damn I am getting old. and the leader of the team Doug's mother a real sweet heart that gives great hugs let the championships continue.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠

Yea, Cheryl and I share the same birthday so we would joke about being twins. IMHO, Doug has a lot of life left under his right foot, but I get it that he wants to give his daughter a shot at it. My guess is she'll do great having grown up with it. Early on when Doug first started driving, Mike told me rather than asking Doug to take it easy on the 'tree he slowed the clutch pedal ratio down because Doug was so quick to react he would red light. Sure doesn't seem that long ago. BTW, I raced against Mike a few times way back when. I had my hat handed to me in the process. Lotsa fun.

Team Gordon is the best. Going into Indy this year, they had won 10 straight National Events that I was in attendance. When I dropped by the trailer, Doug joked that I was his lucky charm and I let him know that I could be bought if they were willing to arrange travel to all National Events for me. My streak was broken when they lost in the final at Indy this year, but we will start a new streak at Vegas next week. Congrats to Doug going out on top.

BTW, Maddi's 5.57 has to be the quickest licensing pass in TAFC history, right? Most guys take it "easy", a 5.80 or 5.70 right down broadway and then slowly turn up the wick. Not Maddi, they cut her loose and she got it done! Also, Maddi backed up her 5.57 licensing pass with 5.49 on her next pass. I also think it is a bit ambitious to think she could win the title in her rookie year, but it won't take her long to start holding up Wallys. She is good and we all know the team is good.

Just seen the interview with MMR. Doug gordon is a class act. Interesting to here some of the reasons and changes they made after his 2 crashes.

How many "newbie" drivers have won championships in the first year? Gary Scelzi for one. Probably others I'm forgetting.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back