Computer Log Books? (1 Viewer)

BigTuna

Nitro Member
From watching NHRA events religiously I see the massive amount of information these teams collect and store every passes. What log book program do these teams use to organize data and allow for easy data look up for future passes. I have messed with Computech RaceLogs which is very rigid and doesn't allow for specific custom data inputs. Maybe the Pro Computech log program has more inputs but I would rather see what else is out there.

Thank You in advance for this odd tech question.

Often it is custom made software for an individual team. RacePak has a database within their data acq software. Its pretty practical for most teams.

If you want to use exactly what you need, build one using Microsoft Access. I have built a database for a couple of PS teams and TF teams using Access. Its pretty badass. All weather data info is imported with a click of a button. Data acq info is imported and then sorted for run reports. We can find a car setup for practically any situation. For example, all runs in Seattle in the left lane with a track temp between 110 and 112 with a correction factor of 1.023 +/- 0.05 sorted quickest to slowest by corrected 1320' ET.

From watching NHRA events religiously I see the massive amount of information these teams collect and store every passes. What log book program do these teams use to organize data and allow for easy data look up for future passes. I have messed with Computech RaceLogs which is very rigid and doesn't allow for specific custom data inputs. Maybe the Pro Computech log program has more inputs but I would rather see what else is out there.

Thank You in advance for this odd tech question.

Last edited:
We use Race Pack as well AND we keep a manual logged notebook as back up. It carries a lot more information and we can flip back and forth with Race Pack for every change we made, weather, track temp, tire pressure, etc etc......

Manzo's manual books are incredibly detailed, I've never actually seen the contents, but I've seen him looking through them for just the right numbers to cross reference each run he's about to make.

He's the Man in Alky for sure!!! :)

If you want to use exactly what you need, build one using Microsoft Access. I have built a database for a couple of PS teams and TF teams using Access. Its pretty badass. All weather data info is imported with a click of a button.

Toby, I'd love more info, please check your PMs.

Chris

We use Race Pack as well AND we keep a manual logged notebook as back up. It carries a lot more information and we can flip back and forth with Race Pack for every change we made, weather, track temp, tire pressure, etc etc......

Manzo's manual books are incredibly detailed, I've never actually seen the contents, but I've seen him looking through them for just the right numbers to cross reference each run he's about to make.

He's the Man in Alky for sure!!! :)

Nancy; I think that would definately be the best way to go. Computer AND manual as you never know what might happen.
:)

Sure thing. Good to hear you are wanting to streamline your information system. Some drag racers are so behind in technology I think they still feel more comfortable with Black & White televisions :)

Toby, I'd love more info, please check your PMs.

Chris

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back