Cobra Jet Controversy at NHRA (1 Viewer)

Not a ford fan, Not a friend (nor enemy- don’t even know) John Calvert,
But let’s just look at the facts of this impressive/controversal Win...
Four (4) of the seven (cant find info on rounds 1&2) better yet...The last four (4) rounds of seven rounds were Gimmies. Not the result of out running or even exceptional "Dialing" (as stated) skills played any part in the win.
So my question is what is all the BS about??? All speculation, sour grapes, what??? Congrats to John, Any win is a good win. too bad it wasn’t a Challenger
Guess what I'm saying get off your keyboards and go racing, then complain WHEN there is an issue.

Final
(W) John Calvert A/S 10.14 0.085 10.136 -0.004
(L) Tom Gaynor D/SA 10.73 -0.079(R)10.730 0.000
Semi’s
W) John Calvert A/S 10.14 0.080 10.130 -0.010
(L)Jeff Huffman B/S 10.54 -0.030(R)10.525 -0.015
5th round
(W) John Calvert A/S 10.14 0.314 10.154 0.014
(L) Paul Cannan A/SA 10.17 9.999(R)DQ Disqualified
4th round
(W) John Calvert A/S 10.01 0.024 10.151 0.141
was unopposed
3rd round
(W) John Calvert A/S 10.14 0.013 10.193 0.053
(L) Mike Johnston C/SA 10.57 0.047 10.624 0.054
2nd round
701 A/S J Calvert NTA
76 C/SA M Johnston
1st round
701 A/S John Calvert, Lancaster CA, '08 Mustang
706C H/SA Chad Langdon, La Mirada CA,'69Nova NTA

Let's play "what if". What if the final was against a 69 COPO Camaro.(A head's up run) John's crew would just need to turn the screws a little. I think you would have the first new Mustang in the nines.

Not a ford fan, Not a friend (nor enemy- don’t even know) John Calvert,
But let’s just look at the facts of this impressive/controversal Win...
Four (4) of the seven (cant find info on rounds 1&2) better yet...The last four (4) rounds of seven rounds were Gimmies. Not the result of out running or even exceptional "Dialing" (as stated) skills played any part in the win.
So my question is what is all the BS about??? All speculation, sour grapes, what??? Congrats to John, Any win is a good win. too bad it wasn’t a Challenger
Guess what I'm saying get off your keyboards and go racing, then complain WHEN there is an issue.

First two rounds were red lights:

POMONA 1 - Summary of Eliminations in Stock Eliminator

Chill out guys, everyone knows that the NHRA hates to see a Ford in the winners circle, ever. I'm sure they will refactor these cars right out of contention in a New York second.

Let's play "what if". What if the final was against a 69 COPO Camaro.(A head's up run) John's crew would just need to turn the screws a little. I think you would have the first new Mustang in the nines.
Jack, think what you want but until it happens it's not a problem.
Actualy if one wanted to start something, I would be quicker to buy into someone (think blue oval rep) walking around the pits Buying time runs....
Thats alot of reds....

Last edited:
Jack, think what you want but until it happens it's not a problem.
Actualy if one wanted to start something, I would be quicker to buy into someone (think blue oval rep) walking around the pits Buying time runs....
Thats alot of reds....
Red lights....intimidation factor. Consistency... integrated traction control. HP....tweak the boost.

So... what happened to these cars? I haven't seen any entered at a race for a while. Did they already get banned or something?

Man NHRA sucks at rigging results.
lol... good one, Brent.

Since I posted this I also saw that Erich Bollman is debuting his new pony car back east. It just seems bizarre to me that there were 4(?) of them at Pomona and now none at Vegas. When was the last time John Calvert missed a Vegas Nat'l. event? I don't think there were any at Belle Rose a couple of weeks ago either.

lol... good one, Brent.

Since I posted this I also saw that Erich Bollman is debuting his new pony car back east.

Erich's car won best engineered at the Atoc open-it's neat-they haven't figured out everything yet (hell they are comp racers-those guys can always find something that they want to improve on)-it's running great mph but it's still not leaving hard. You gotta remember, the Bollmans are stick guys in comp and this automatic thing is new to them-but they'll get it and Erich is a hell of a driver-plus that family is just a great group of people, so we should all be rooting hard for them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back