Chip Ellis Gone???? (1 Viewer)

thanks for posting jackie. all the best to you, george, chip and the entire team! i really hope you guys are back out there in 08! you are the classiest team in drag racing!

To all, Chip is the best rider we have ever had. He can ride anything fast.
You all could never even imagine how many bikes he has tested for us.
He is a team player, hard worker, honest, smart, and very friendly.

We ALL agree we need a change. We are ALL better than what we showed.

Jackie thanks for coming on here and setting the record straight. It has to be tough as hell being a team owner in this sport, with sponsors coming and going yearly deciding who's best to represent your team can't be fun or easy!

I'm not sure what the status of PSB sponsorwise, but the catagory seems to be stronger than ever!;)

Geez, so far Kenny Miller, Jeff Dibaigio, Joe Sherwood and Garry Parrish all missed who actually posted. I wonder how many more names we add to the list?

Geez, so far Kenny Miller, Jeff Dibaigio, Joe Sherwood and Garry Parrish all missed who actually posted. I wonder how many more names we add to the list?
Brent-
Maybe, just maybe, I'm paying a little more attention than YOU are!

That was George. And I noticed he's ready to "not not" have a team next year. Which means he'll have a team. ;)

Man-I feel as bad for George + Jackie as I do for Chip :(- I'm sure it was not an easy discission)-but the writing has been on the wall for at least a 1/2 season. Third would be a great finish-for a newcomer like Peggy L.-and a championship is great for someone with a few years under his belt like Matt--but Chip has close to 20 years on both of them-and helped build their bikes.
Having Drag Specialties on the bike means its pretty much self-sponsored. If you have the #1 plate, you have something to go out+ try to sell to a sponsor. Its hard to sell "we had the fastest bike at most races-but no wins to show for it." As long as there has been P/SB, its been Star vs. V+H. And I can remember (many) years ago other riders that had Star motors complaining their motors werent as good as the house bike--and now Star has a winless season while their bikes picked up Wallys + a championship.

Note: this post was in no way meant to bash Chip (I've been a fan since the Riceburner F/b) Nor to the Smith family for their tuning skills--bashers will now have to read something else into it to make it a 10 pager. ;)

Hey Sherm......How ya doing? Been quite a few years. Still doing roundy-round?
Too bad Chip won't be riding for G & J next year. He was playing on a Pro Mod at Prostar Gainesville Finals last weekend. Didn't qualify.
Take care pal! And come see us sometime....
Tony Williams

Hey Sherm......How ya doing? Been quite a few years. Still doing roundy-round?
Too bad Chip won't be riding for G & J next year. He was playing on a Pro Mod at Prostar Gainesville Finals last weekend. Didn't qualify.
Take care pal! And come see us sometime....
Tony Williams

Hi Tony!
Boy--i'm remembered--and i was only a semi-somebody way back when. ;)
I saw the Atco pics on dragbike. com and really missed Prostar-I couldnt belive my eyes-1/2 the pics were of folks i knew! :D
After my dragbike was sold over in Germany, I did a bunch of years racing a (Suzuki powered) Modlite in the dirt -then hillclimbed it racing up paved mountian roads.DropShots.com
Now its going back to the dirt with a indoor winter series.
I'm glad to see you're still working the line -your the best track prep guy I've ever met.!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back