chicago 2024 (1 Viewer)

I noticed that. I wonder what the difference is in throttle response if any. Steve Torrance’s car almost always has a three hole, at least what I’ve seen this year. Ashley also runs three hole. So does Clay Millican. Shows that neither one really flows better than the other. I guess it’s what ever the teams are using them are used to tuning clearly there’s no advantage in ET. Isn’t it 62 in.² surface area? You could run giant 2 hole and it would perform similarly.
Although the overall performance max is the same, I would think that they would perform different getting there thru out rpm level’s and or airspeed pressure or max sooner than later or max later for whatever the tuneup likes 😎

Although the overall performance max is the same, I would think that they would perform different getting there thru out rpm level’s and or airspeed pressure or max sooner than later or max later for whatever the tuneup likes 😎
Since the injectors are a Spec item this probably has something to do with one specific area as has been said. The Force Cars were all fined for modifying the inside of the injector (most likely Air straighterners or Vortex generators). Matching the off idle Air to Fuel ratio is somewhere you might get a few hundredths from the reaction at launch or even pedaling. It might also let you change the clutch setting. Have been working on that on a much smaller scale (blown alcohol boat) and you can see a dip in the RPM line on the RacePak for an instant when the fuel and air don't match perfectly. The 4 smaller Butterflies vs the 3 larger ones will flow a different amount of air (mismatch) for an instant at the "Hit". It is possible that they are trying to find that Sweet Spot. There is still room for inovation in Drag Racing - it just gets harder.

I noticed that. I wonder what the difference is in throttle response if any. Steve Torrance’s car almost always has a three hole, at least what I’ve seen this year. Ashley also runs three hole. So does Clay Millican. Shows that neither one really flows better than the other. I guess it’s what ever the teams are using them are used to tuning clearly there’s no advantage in ET. Isn’t it 62 in.² surface area? You could run giant 2 hole and it would perform similarly.
At some point, external aero would have to come into play. Looking at A/FD as well as F1 and IndyCar, there is lots to be determined on how the air is ducted into the compressor/blower/induction system.

I live 30 minutes from the track and drive a ton for work. There wasn't a single billboard on any of the expessways. I-80, 294 ,355 or I-57. I did see some ads on social media. Force was on a a radio sports station and Tony & Leah were on local TV stations.
How much is gas in Chicago? Diesel? Gas is around 3.20 here in Texas.Diesel 3.80. Red diesel 3.00.

How much is gas in Chicago? Diesel? Gas is around 3.20 here in Texas.Diesel 3.80. Red diesel 3.00.
I don't Know about Chicago but here in California - specifically the Bakersfield area (where you can't go more than about 1 mile without seeing a well pump or refinery) the price of Regular dropped a whopping $.10 to between $4.60 to $5.70 and Premium is .30 to .70 higher. We have been told that a $.50 per gallon Tax increase has been passed for infrastucture for the EV's - Trucks also. Since everyone in the U.S. is demanding EV's o_O according to our Governor they are going to charge us per mile for road tax since no one will be using that (Killer) gasoline. The gasoline and fuel sucked out of the ground and refined here is cheaper at it's end point of sale than it is 1 block from the Refinery. I am wondering when we start racing these E.V.'s if someone like VP or Sunnoco is going to have High Performance electricity available.:)

87 octane was $3.99 at the gas station by the track. They also had E85 for $2.99 I didn’t pay attention to the diesel price.

I don't Know about Chicago but here in California - specifically the Bakersfield area (where you can't go more than about 1 mile without seeing a well pump or refinery) the price of Regular dropped a whopping $.10 to between $4.60 to $5.70 and Premium is .30 to .70 higher. We have been told that a $.50 per gallon Tax increase has been passed for infrastucture for the EV's - Trucks also. Since everyone in the U.S. is demanding EV's o_O according to our Governor they are going to charge us per mile for road tax since no one will be using that (Killer) gasoline. The gasoline and fuel sucked out of the ground and refined here is cheaper at it's end point of sale than it is 1 block from the Refinery. I am wondering when we start racing these E.V.'s if someone like VP or Sunnoco is going to have High Performance electricity available.:)
Get out if you can,ca is run by a bunch of lunatics

Get out if you can, CA is run by a bunch of lunatics

Yes, absolutely true, but they are all lunatics that the idiot public (that is, the few who actually bother to vote) voted for.

Many of the people who are leaving CA are the same people who voted the lunatics in to office. Turns out they don't like the reality of the policies they vote for. But they bring those same old voting habits to the new state that they decide to infest.

Get out if you can,ca is run by a bunch of lunatics
Almost 82 years old and couldn't move all this stuff anywhere. I guess i'm like a lot of other Geezers - "Rather Bitch than switch". :cool: Funny part is this is the best part of California - 50 miles out of town in the Mountains & Shop is 1 block from a Lake.

Last edited:
What's red diesel? The off-road stuff?
yes.....it is green diesel with dye. has highway tax implications. construction / agriculture / off-road
87 octane @ 2.88 up here in northern mn this last week. not complaining. it will change soon enough.

I don't Know about Chicago but here in California - specifically the Bakersfield area (where you can't go more than about 1 mile without seeing a well pump or refinery) the price of Regular dropped a whopping $.10 to between $4.60 to $5.70 and Premium is .30 to .70 higher.
Newsom's gotta take care of his "newcomers" ... :rolleyes:

87 Octane here is 2.99-3.09. Diesel, about 3.30. That hasn't changed in months.

How the race is promoted is a different argument.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying $500 isn't a lot of money. Everyone works hard for their wages. If you don't have it, then you just don't have it. I'd love to eat at Gibson's Steak every night, but I can't afford it.

I very well know what it costs to attend a NHRA national event and I also know what it costs for my family of 5 to attend such an event and other events. What I'm telling you is, a $500 NHRA race is not a bad number for a family, compared to other events. and venues. I'm certain NHRA and the track owners know that as well. Blaming the costs to attend (which haven't changed for NHRA) on politicians is just lazy and following a narrative. I'd listen if you said the cost for a family to put food on the table.

Thank you for the kind words, it was an excited weekend. We just needed a little racing luck to close the deal on Sunday.
Was gonna send my 4 grandkids to a Columbus Monster Jam. $375.00 for what 2-3 hrs. of sitting in a show resembles Romper Room with 90% kids. No Thanks.
I just gave them $$ instead.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back