Cheeseman Goes to Second Final of the Season (1 Viewer)

Cheeseman Goes to Second Final of the Season

Chuck Cheeseman went into the weekend looking for a win at his home track. The five- time Division 3 champion, sponsored by Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels, came within 7 inches of reaching that goal when he lost a great drag race in the final round of eliminations on Sunday.

“It was great to make it to the final round this weekend, but I would be lying if I said it isn’t disappointing not to make it into the winner’s circle. Overall though, it turned out to be a pretty good weekend for us. And it is always nice to be so close to home; our friends and family were around all weekend, and the even the grandkids got to come out,” said Cheeseman.

After qualifying #4 for the event with a 5.80 at 244 MPH, Cheeseman earned the win and lane choice in the semi’s by running another 5.80 at 248 MPH in first round of eliminations. During the second round, the Cheeseman Bros. Racing Team stepped up to a 5.77 at 248 MPH to take the win and earn their second final round appearance of the season. In the finals, Cheeseman ran another great 5.80 at 248 MPH, but just barely got edged out at the stripe by about 7 inches.

“The car ran well this weekend and I think we are getting a handle on the tune-up. I have been doing this for a long time and I know how hard it is to win one of these races; our time is coming. Shane, my crew-chief, and the rest of my crew have been giving me a car that can win, now all that is left is for me to go out there and get it done.”

Quick Facts
  • This marked the Team’s second final round appearance this season. The other came in Joliet , Illinois at the divisional event.
  • In their only race last season, the Team earned a win at the Indianapolis Divisional event.
  • Shane Snyder, Joyce’s son, is the crew chief on the Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels sponsored Top Alcohol Funny Car.
  • Cheeseman has over 40 years of racing experience.
  • Chuck and the Team have 5 Division 3 Championships including 4 in a row from 2000 thru 2003.
  • Cheeseman Bros. Racing is based out of Galena , Ohio .
  • Chuck Cheeseman, driver and owner of the race team, owns Cheeseman Towing, also based out of Galena , Ohio .

The Team would like to thank their major sponsor Knoll Gas - TORCO Racing Fuels as well as DRE Enterprises and Steve Boggs for all the help they provide to their operation throughout the year.

The Cheeseman Bros. Top Alcohol Funny Car entry is sponsored by TORCO Racing Fuels. By logging onto www.torcoracefuels.com you can access their full line of innovative products including racing gasoline, additives, and Skull Gear.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back