Cheeseman Looking for a Win at Home Track (1 Viewer)

Cheeseman Looking for a Win at Home Track

This weekend, Chuck Cheeseman and the Cheeseman Bros. Race Team will make the short trip over to National Trail Raceway hoping to get their car in the winner’s circle for the first time this season. The Team sponsored by Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels is sitting in 4th place in the divisional standings and is looking to move up.

“Last weekend, we started to get a handle on the tune-up towards the end of qualifying and into first round. We didn’t get the round win, but it gives us something to go off of this weekend. I can’t even count the number of times I have been down this track; we have a lot of data and I am hoping that will work in our favor this throughout the weekend,” said Cheeseman.

Last weekend at the Indianapolis divisional the Team qualified #4 running a 5.76 at 251 MPH. On Sunday, during first round, they were able to run a 5.75 at 252 MPH in the heat of the day, but unfortunately that wasn’t enough to get the win light.

“Our goal is to go rounds. In Joliet , we made our first final now we are looking to go to our second for Knoll Gas – Torco Racing Fuels. I would love nothing better to get this car in the winner’s circle at our home track with all our friends and family there to celebrate with us.”

On Friday, they will get their first chance to make the 8-car field at 5 PM. Saturday they will get 2 more opportunities to navigate the quarter-mile 1 PM and 5 PM. Final eliminations will begin at 1 PM on Sunday and continue throughout the day.

Quick Facts
  • The Team has made one final round appearance already this year in Joliet , Illinois at the divisional event.
  • In their only race last season, the Team earned a win at the Indianapolis Divisional event.
  • Cheeseman has over 40 years of racing experience.
  • Chuck and the Team have 5 Division 3 Championships including 4 in a row from 2000 thru 2003.
  • Cheeseman Bros. Racing is based out of Galena , Ohio .
  • Chuck Cheeseman, driver and owner of the race team, owns Cheeseman Towing, also based out of Galena , Ohio .

The Team would like to thank their major sponsor Knoll Gas - TORCO Racing Fuels as well as DRE Enterprises and Steve Boggs for all the help they provide to their operation throughout the year.

The Cheeseman Bros. Top Alcohol Funny Car entry is sponsored by TORCO Racing Fuels. By logging onto www.torcoracefuels.com you can access their full line of innovative products including racing gasoline, additives, and Skull Gear.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back