Centerline Wheels SUCK!!! (1 Viewer)

Alan

Nitro Member
I'm hoping this will make the rounds, and maybe end up in someone's lap....

I sold a set of 17" Centerline's for a customer, and ordered them from the local distributor, who told me about 2 to 3 weeks. Aside from the insane pricing that Centerline now has, we had the wheels in that time frame. We install them in November, and coming out of the box one of the rears has a bent inner lip.

Customer has the car for about month, and barely drives it. It is not a daily driver by any means. He has a slight vibration, so we check the wheels, and find that two of them seem to be bent. After dismounting the tires, we spin them, and it appears that the centers are not welded into the hoops correctly. I contact my supplier, who gets the wheels picked up. That was the first week of January....and I still do not have the wheels....

Whoever handles Centerline warranties will not return phone calls to the distributor.....................

Needless to say, I will never, ever sell another Centerline wheel....

I'm hoping this will make the rounds, and maybe end up in someone's lap....

I sold a set of 17" Centerline's for a customer, and ordered them from the local distributor, who told me about 2 to 3 weeks. Aside from the insane pricing that Centerline now has, we had the wheels in that time frame. We install them in November, and coming out of the box one of the rears has a bent inner lip.

Customer has the car for about month, and barely drives it. It is not a daily driver by any means. He has a slight vibration, so we check the wheels, and find that two of them seem to be bent. After dismounting the tires, we spin them, and it appears that the centers are not welded into the hoops correctly. I contact my supplier, who gets the wheels picked up. That was the first week of January....and I still do not have the wheels....

Whoever handles Centerline warranties will not return phone calls to the distributor.....................

Needless to say, I will never, ever sell another Centerline wheel....

Alan, if i was your supplier your customer would have had a new set of wheels within two days of notification of problem. Your supplier should be the one taking care of this, i'm sure he has ways to handle Centerline.

I will say the supplier has worked with me to resolve the problem, and Centerline did indeed acknowledge that there is a problem. But as far as I'm concerned, Centerline's customer service is terrible, thus my campaign.

I will say the supplier has worked with me to resolve the problem, and Centerline did indeed acknowledge that there is a problem. But as far as I'm concerned, Centerline's customer service is terrible, thus my campaign.

That part i agree with, but your customer should not have to wait. Have the supplier order another set so that YOU will have a HAPPY CUSTOMER. Now if they are not available then thats another problem.

Centerline builds to order. But I've still been trying to figure out if it takes 2 to 3 weeks to build a set, why can't I get two repaired in the same time frame? And coupled with the fact that the guy at Centerline won't return phone calls.

My sales rep at the distributor is making an attempt to go over his head.

UPDATE!!!

So the wheels just showed up at the shop, going to mount them up this afternoon and hope that they are straight......

So they still have a little bit of runout, but they are much improved over what they were. Except Centerline forgot to send my center caps back with the wheels....

I ordered a set of 22" billet Centerlines off of their website from the CLEARANCE section. It took 3 months to get them.

So they still have a little bit of runout, but they are much improved over what they were. Except Centerline forgot to send my center caps back with the wheels....

Alan, thats to bad they didn't treat you right on that deal, heck when were running early Camaros that's all we used, luckily we have more choices now.

The supplier that I ordered thru has dealt with Centerline for over 20 years, and used to keep over $100K in inventory on his floor. Now he has less than $5K.

In the past, they were great. Now for the money they want versus their 'Grade F' in customer service, I might as well push Intro, Billet Specialties, or another builder.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back