Capps vs Hagen Spoiler alert (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Oh please man. If you are going to constantly complain about diving at least be consistent in your claims. Prior to Indy '09, which is your favorite JFR race to mention, John beat Robert at Norwalk, Ashley beat Robert in Denver, and John beat Robert at Englishtown. But some how you have always failed to mention that. I don't have a problem with how any of the racing went down then or now, but you being up on your DSR soapbox is getting a little tiresome.[/QUOTE

I second that :D

Or..............better at hiding the team orders!! :D And I'm with MMM on this one. Give it up because it is getting old. :rolleyes:

Give it up because you and Mike say it's old? I think not, if it bothers you ignore it. When a team actually races heads up like we saw yesterday I will support them. When there's a blatant dive (Indy 09 for example), I will continue to say I don't support that. Mike's examples of Robert (much smaller gap to the top 10 at the time) getting round wins given his points situation at that time is irrelevant to the conversation as Robert had plenty of time to make up ground (example of E-Town comes to mind). When you get into the last 4 races before the cutoff it is crunch time and given the situation that some are saying (DSR gave orders) Matt would have been in the Countdown plain and simple given Matt lost to his teammates in prior races (Sonoma and Brainerd). After reading many of the posts above it appears your opinion on DSR diving is in the minority. (better at hiding?)

Give it up because you and Mike say it's old? I think not, if it bothers you ignore it. When a team actually races heads up like we saw yesterday I will support them. When there's a blatant dive (Indy 09 for example), I will continue to say I don't support that. Mike's examples of Robert (much smaller gap to the top 10 at the time) getting round wins given his points situation at that time is irrelevant to the conversation as Robert had plenty of time to make up ground (example of E-Town comes to mind). When you get into the last 4 races before the cutoff it is crunch time and given the situation that some are saying (DSR gave orders) Matt would have been in the Countdown plain and simple given Matt lost to his teammates in prior races (Sonoma and Brainerd). After reading many of the posts above it appears your opinion on DSR diving is in the minority. (better at hiding?)

You know Paul, I'm still trying to figure out how you know FOR SURE that Force took a dive in '09? Was you riding in the car with him? I think not!!! And, to be honest with you, I do NOT think that Capps gave that race up. I just love the way you say you are so sure that John dives, but it is beyond DSR to do that. But, whatever.............:D

You know Paul, I'm still trying to figure out how you know FOR SURE that Force took a dive in '09? Was you riding in the car with him? I think not!!! And, to be honest with you, I do NOT think that Capps gave that race up. I just love the way you say you are so sure that John dives, but it is beyond DSR to do that. But, whatever.............:D

I have no problem questioning this weekends events. But even a jury of Steveie Wonder and Ray Charles, knew 09 was a dive. So did all of us in the stands. Probably not the best argument to go on to help your cause

I have no problem questioning this weekends events. But even a jury of Steveie Wonder and Ray Charles, knew 09 was a dive. So did all of us in the stands. Probably not the best argument to go on to help your cause

Exactly, I didn't even bother responding to her because Indy 09 was one of the most obvious dives in NHRA history. It ranks up there with Larry Minor in the early/mid 80's.

I haven't seen 1st or 2nd round yet, so I'm just going by results and what you guys say. I hope to everything that none of my favorite teams ever dive. I would have to directly tell the sponsor and team to say goodbye to my consumer dollars and support.

Dives suck and they haunt you forever.

Exactly, I didn't even bother responding to her because Indy 09 was one of the most obvious dives in NHRA history. It ranks up there with Larry Minor in the early/mid 80's.

Here's my issue with this whole thing....
SO Freaking What? Team Orders happen in motor racing.... some of the best moments happen when the blocker accidentally wins... F1, Sports cars...
Ask Larry Minor....

To Dive or Not is between the Team owner and the Sponser(s) involed.

d'kid

here's my issue with this whole thing....
So freaking what? Team orders happen in motor racing.... Some of the best moments happen when the blocker accidentally wins... F1, sports cars...
Ask larry minor....

To dive or not is between the team owner and the sponser(s) involed.

D'kid

great post

I'll throw in my 2 cent ramble and leave it at that.

No way Capps/Tobler gave that away.

Rahn was put in a tough spot.

So..You see Kalitta and John smoke the tires before the tree right in front of you. 2 Different class cars, and not the most consistant cars.

Do you- (keep in mind, this is INDY, and you are getting ready to fire up)

A. Trust your tune up and opinion on the track based on your data and experience. Go ahead with the run, stick to the game plan.

B. Base your entire decision on what to do from watching the 2 cars from 2 different classes smoke the tires in front of you. Do you move over to the lane you thought was worse just 5 min ago, and risk smoking the tires over where you didn't want to run to begin with??

It's easy to go back and say yeah he should have changed lanes, but it could have been just as easy for Hagan to run 4.08 over there like Neff and Cruz did, and whip Capps anyway.

Was it the lane?? Bald Spots? Lined up wrong? New tires? Old Tires? A fly took a leak right in the groove?? Brent Fanning hijacked the VHT sprayer and put his own "Indy Special" mixture in the left lane only?? Who knows what happened. The 2 low ET runs came out of that lane just a couple pairs later.

Last edited:
a tumultuous year for DSR FC.....

capps perseveres yet another major crew change in his career
and comes out on top in C.....:cool:

beckman loses not only his crew but his lucky dog as well.
seated 3rd in C - not to bad....awesome i'd say.

gray just sitting back in 5th with no drama - old guys rule.

top 6 in C go dsr 1, 3 & 5 ..... jfr 2, 4, & 6

past two champions 53 pts. apart in 8th and 11th (dog not too lucky)

Here's my issue with this whole thing....
SO Freaking What? Team Orders happen in motor racing.... some of the best moments happen when the blocker accidentally wins... F1, Sports cars...
Ask Larry Minor....

To Dive or Not is between the Team owner and the Sponser(s) involed.

d'kid

I was gonna say something to that effect!!! Who freakin' cares if there are team orders and dives? Isn't that why there are multi-car teams anyway? To help out the teammates? And, as far as Indy 09' goes (you know, the one Paul keeps bringing up :rolleyes:) if John wants to take a dive for his teammate, then that is his choice. Last time I checked he is the boss. But, unlike DSR, it was his choice to take that dive, he did NOT tell one of his other drivers to give up a race. IMO there is a big difference between taking a dive and the team owner giving team orders. But, honestly I couldn't care less if THE SHOE gives team orders or if John wants to give up a race for one of his teammates.

You guys totally missed my point. I was pointing out how Paul seems to know BEYOND A DOUBT that John took a dive but DSR did not give team orders. I'm just curious how he knows this information???? And Paul :p haha I can just picture you gettin' all bent out of shape because I debate you on this topic. I bet it drives you nuts!!!! :D:D

Hey Paul I took a dive myself....................right into the pool. :D You know, you should really relax and not get so bent out of shape about things you have absolutely no control over, it will give you wrinkles!!! :D;)

You guys totally missed my point. I was pointing out how Paul seems to know BEYOND A DOUBT that John took a dive but DSR did not give team orders. I'm just curious how he knows this information???? And Paul :p haha I can just picture you gettin' all bent out of shape because I debate you on this topic. I bet it drives you nuts!!!! :D:D

I know beyond a doubt John took a dive. No real problem with the dive.
IT IS THE LIE TO COVER IT UP. I could care less if he did. NO COMMENT You draw your own idea. He could have said anything else and i would never had a problem with it.

The funny part is his fans trying to make something other than what it is.

I know beyond a doubt John took a dive. No real problem with the dive.
IT IS THE LIE TO COVER IT UP. I could care less if he did. NO COMMENT You draw your own idea. He could have said anything else and i would never had a problem with it.

The funny part is his fans trying to make something other than what it is.

Well, since NHRA has rules against diving/team orders I can see why he tried to cover it up!!!

P.S. I just like yankin' Paul's chain!!! :D

Hey Paul I took a dive myself....................right into the pool. :D;)

Thanks for that image, I just threw up in my mouth....... Trust me, I have much bigger and more important things to worry about in my daily life than to worry about what you think about JFR going into the tank.

Thanks for that image, I just threw up in my mouth....... Trust me, I have much bigger and more important things to worry about in my daily life than to worry about what you think about JFR going into the tank.

HAha I bet that tasted good :D And you still need to lighten up :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back