Capps & Prudhomme (3 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

Take it easy folks. We've been getting plenty of calls claiming they have heard that Snake's house has burned. This is totally false. His home is in an evacuated area, however it has not suffered any damage as of now. It also appears that things are slowly coming under control.

Thanks,

Skip Allum

Great news Skip! Thanks for the update.....we apologize if our concern came across as panic. We know this is a tough time for all involved.

-whew-
thanx Skip!

IIRC a 'mater from the old board is RC's next door neighbor?

Anyways, wishing them best of luck.
We have smoke, smell and ashes hanging in the air here.

My heart bleeds for all of the people that are affected by this...how terrible...

I am glad to know that Snake's home is ok...

Anyone have any confirmed reports about Ron's house? God...that is the last thing he needs before this weekend...The countdown, the new sponsor announcement....talk about stealing his thunder...man...I hate it for him....

My neighbor here in Mount Shasta has a water truck service that helps out the forest folks during fires. He may be sending some of his equipment there to help. Also, my daughter works CSI with Sac county and she told me last night that Sac is sending out over 100 CHP folks to help maintain order.

-whew-
thanx Skip!

IIRC a 'mater from the old board is RC's next door neighbor?

Anyways, wishing them best of luck.
We have smoke, smell and ashes hanging in the air here.

Hoping the best for Snake and Family, Ron and Family, and everyone I know and love in SoCal...

Growing up in SoCal I understood we had 4 seasons... Dry, Fire, Rainy, and Mudslide... and Mudslide scares me the most...

Haven't looked at the news yet, are we talking Oceanside, south? Vista up the hill through Fallbrook?

d'kid

It is bad. We were evacuated for a short time on Sunday. This was our third fire. We have had winds with gusts of 50 to 60 mph since saturday. As you are driving to my house you will see 4 tractor trailer rigs blown over and have been there since sunday. One was blown over in freeway (210) lanes so they just got a tow truck and drug (not sure thats a word) it over to the side and left it there. Also one motor home or caming trailer that is totally destroyed. The worst part is that the soot is everywhere even though my house is fairly new and sealed well but that stuff is so fine that it still gets in. Tried to clean it up yesterday but then the lake arrowhead fire came over the crest last night and it started all over.

I grew up most of my life in Oceanside and Carlsbad, (WHERE RON LIVES). Most of these WILDFIRES are started by some stupid idiot who throws a cigarette butt out of the window of their car. What makes them so devistating is the SANTA ANA WINDS that blow from East to West. It's hot, Dry air that just FANS THE FIRES. Ron's House in Carlsbad is located not that far from the Former "CARLSBAD RACEWAY", off of Palomar Airport Road. Snake, I believe lives in Fallbrook, which is near Camp Pendleton and just North East of Oceanside. I can't tell you how many times friends and family had to Evacuate because of WILDFIRE DANGER! That, Earthquakes, and the unbelievable REAL ESTATE Costs is why I left in 1996. My Parents sold their house and moved to Hurricane, Utah, (Next to St. George.). I remember a few years back when they almost had to postpone The finals in Pomona because of the Fires in the San Gabriel Mountains.

I think Ron's house is not near any "HILLS" that are not cut off by Development, so he, Shelly, and the kids should be safe. Snake's house in Fallbrook, (if that's where it is...I'm not so certain about.) My Prayers are with everyone living in So Cal, having to deal with this situation.

Take it easy folks. We've been getting plenty of calls claiming they have heard that Snake's house has burned. This is totally false. His home is in an evacuated area, however it has not suffered any damage as of now. It also appears that things are slowly coming under control.

Thanks,

Skip Allum

That's GREAT news!

Thanks for the post Skip. Living in SoCal was great most of the time, but I sure don`t miss the fires...or the floods....or the mudslides....or the earthquakes....or the riots.

Just got this in my email... I guess the prayer list below just about covers everyone and everything.

Pray for God's intervention in the devastating wildfires sweeping across Southern California.

Today, President Bush declared a state of emergency for California. He has dispatched Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff and FEMA Director David Paulison to the affected areas and to provide support and assess the needs so they can be met.

Eight hundred Marines from Camp Pendleton, CA have volunteered to fight the fires at the front lines—Marines who have recently returned from Iraq. This is currently the largest evacuation in our nation since Hurricane Katrina in August 2005. Though progress has been made in fighting the fires in some areas, many are still raging out of control.

Please join me in praying:

That God will intervene and change conditions so the fires will die
For protection for those fighting the fires and those supporting them
For the Santa Ana winds to subside
For protection for endangered homes and properties
For comfort for the thousands already evacuated
For health and strength for evacuees who are elderly or have medical concerns
For order, civility and kindness to govern those in evacuation centers
For state and federal efforts to coordinate seamlessly

I am certain you can add your own concerns to this list. Please forward this important message to your friends and family. And I thank you for lifting our nation in prayer.

Prayerfully yours,

John Lind
President/CEO

I'm right smack in the middle of it! 200 degrees around me. 375,000 people evacuated. One of my kids and family are with us as they were shoved out, but their answering machine still works (good sign). It looks like we'll be OK though. The Federal Gov. stepped in today and we got 15 water bombers and 30 hugh helicopters in today. It stinks so bad here I can't believe it.
They have no idea yet how many homes lost, but they know it's a lot.
People that lost homes in "03 have just finished rebuilding and lost them again in a few places. Hard to imagine in a place that has very little history of fire until the "03 fire took 2400 homes.

"10-23-07 5:55 p.m. Alert Issued for Julian. Residents of Julian are being advised to prepare to evacuate.
Evacuation Order Lifted for City of Carlsbad. Carlsbad has lifted the voluntary evacuation advisory for the City of Carlsbad, south of Palomar Airport road. There are no mandatory or voluntary evacuation orders in effect for the City of Carlsbad. "

From San Diego County Emergency Homepage. Evacuation Order just lifted for Carlsbad 7 minutes ago. THAT is a great sign. :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back