capps on the countdown (1 Viewer)

Ron Capps on how to improve the Countdown - Racer.com

I suggested running the countdown cars on the their own side of the ladder when they first started it. It's a good idea I think.

I want the Countdown to just go away....but that's not gonna happen ! Bob's idea would make things more fair and add a little more interest in the Countdown .Anyone know if it's 1000 ft. or 1320 this season ? ( sorry, I hibernate in winter )

See- I knew Ron and Ace lurked here....:D

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/24254-post-season-countdown-thoughts.html

I'm not crossing over (yet) to the Dark Side of accepting the C/D yet either Paul, but I will have to agree- the RACING part was pretty damn impressive in the last part of the year (and it wasn't too bad pre-Indy either).

I can't see anybody that got "screwed" regarding the points though... Everyone that would have been eligable to make a run for the championship was, and those that (once again) had their chit together and had racing luck on their side advanced forward, and those that stumbled did so at great expense to their season.

I would still like to see a format that takes the Top 8 racing teams and seeds them on one side of the ladder via regular qualifying, and the other side of the ladder be the balance of the cars not in the countdown qualify for the 8 spots on that side of the ladder. Then the "Playoff contenders" only beat on each other and at the end of the day, Top 8 team that wins the semis gets to race against hungry, non-seeded team with something to prove by beating the "ranked" team...

Another plus for this format would be the built in ability for the countdown car that makes it to the final to further distance themselves from their fellow countdown competitors (More benefit to winning)..........:)

as much as I want the countdown gone I have long said that at least having the playoff teams on the same side of the ladder would be a much better solution then what we have now.

It would match other sports then where the best season team doesn't always win but at least whomever does win would have to go through the other playoff teams. We would avod the situations that have plagues the countdown thus far.

As far as qualifying, it wouldn't matter, guarantee all 8 playoff teams or not. It would be a minor deal with pros and cons either way. But overall the system would be a ton better then the current(although not as good as a season long champ)
Another variable in qualifying is should the go by et at that race or set them by points entering the race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back