Capps Boomer First Round Seattle (1 Viewer)

Saw it. Gnarly. Capps is probably my favorite, maybe because he is a Howard Stern fan. Hated to see the crash but….he is fine. Wow, don’t think I’ve seen that much clutch dust out of a car on a pedal job before. Go see the replay on NHRA.tv. You’ll see what I mean. There was a brown haze surrounding that car, then it blowed up.

Last edited:
Saw it. Gnarly. Capps is probably my favorite, maybe because he is a Howard Stern fan. Hated to see the crash but….he is fine. Wow, don’t think I’ve seen that much clutch dust out of a car on a pedal job before. Go see the replay on NHRA.tv. You’ll see what I mean. There was a brown haze surrounding that car, then it blowed up.
That wasn't clutch haze, it was the nitromethane in the air. It has a yellow to light brown color. You might have seen that in the pits sometimes when they are warming up the engines.

ok. lets have a discussion about capps vs. force boomers.
capps body split instantly and shredded where force did not. different tethers? or different setup for capps? or possible different setup for capps implemented SINCE virginia?
we all saw the chutes deploy and help to straighten car, same as other boomers over the years,
same as comments in 'pro stock parachutes' thread on why PS chutes are released prior to finish line.

Last edited:
A Capps boomer is a lot like a Hight or Hagen boomer. Parts fly everywhere. Since tethers, the body gets shed like a lobster tail and catches air while still tied to the chassis. I think that's why Ron went so sideways. They need to look into how the tethers could better keep things straight.

ok. lets have a discussion about capps vs. force boomers.
capps body split instantly and shredded where force did not. different tethers? or different setup for capps? or possible different setup for capps implemented SINCE virginia?
we all saw the chutes deploy and help to straighten car, same as other boomers over the years,
same as comments in 'pro stock parachutes' thread on why PS chutes are released prior to finish line.
I'm guess here: The locks that hold the hood/body down on Capps car held. The "hood" stayed down. Force's explosion dislodged the hood locks, hood came up with body. Why? IDK. I guess it depends on the stress points in the body.

i thought the 'tether rule' is supposed to keep bodies on the car? the front latches usually always hold, leaving front section in place.
i remember capps had one in brainerd a few years back that was almost carbon copy result ....... i would say the front latches held on john's crash too, but
the body arched up in middle; almost looked like body did not even crack ...... if you look closely at john's initial explosion, the left and rt front corners of body blew out immediately,
as did a front section of ron's car yesterday, but IMO the front latches held in both instances.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back