CAPACITY CROWD AT BRISTOL DRAGWAY FOR (1 Viewer)

That is impressive. That is a large place, that is not in the heart of a large metropolitan area. Nice to see them accepting the reality that they are not truly street racing and bringing more people into a racetrack type experience.

That is impressive. That is a large place, that is not in the heart of a large metropolitan area. Nice to see them accepting the reality that they are not truly street racing and bringing more people into a racetrack type experience.

Street Outlaws has a huge following, no suprise

Can you imagine the business the food vendors make when they pack the place ont like that. This is Bristol where they had to close the gates.

$100,000 to win. That is more than the Pros make when they win. Hmmmmmm....... Ya know, the street outlaws remind me of when funny cars first came on the scene. Kinda the same attraction for the fans.

Racing is all about giving the fans what they want to see and putting on a great show.

Promoters are you paying attention to what's happening right now in the world of drag racing at Bristol?

While some sectioning bodies are simply trying to figure our how to have 16 car fields other groups are doing things different and packing in the fans.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

I guarantee more people off the street between the ages of 18 and 35 would know who Big Chief, Murder Nova, FarmTruck, Daddy Dave , Monza, and Doc in the Street Beast are over Steve Torrence, Antron Brown, Ron Capps or Robert Hight. ( I just used the points leaders as examples)

That brings up another point. That show is good at marketing the name of the car, or nick name for the driver. The time has past in the NHRA where you had The Snake, Big Daddy, ACE, Mongoo$e, Chi Town Hustler, etc. Street Outlaws brought that back, and it obviously works.

I'd rather drive 200 miles and pay $35 to get in to watch two fuel cars go up into instant tire smoke and idle down the dragstrip, than watch some weak ass door slammer race.

I don't know if "weak" applies to some of those Street Outlaws racers. I went to a no-prep race late last year at Tulsa with several of the OKC Street Outlaws crew racing. Daddy Dave's car really stood out, as did several of the others. I enjoyed the heck out of all the racing.

to bring in 25,000 plus fans and have to turn people away, it is a lot more than the free admission. Yes that helped but people want to see fast door cars with some drama. Like states above the day of Mongoose, Snake, Grumpy kinda like WWE:rolleyes:

Jay Eshback wrote the following, This the future of the sport.

I find peoples interests are changing all the time and it's not an easy job as a promoter to keep up with those changes.

Just looking at the number of fans that showed up at Bristol it should be clear as a bell what type of racing they want to see!
Another popular show is the Southern Gasser's Shows they put on in the S.E.

For a promoter I would think the future of drag racing just might be steering you in the face!

There will always be N.H.R.A. Drag Racing but these other forms of drag racing are also going to do very well also.

Just my opinion.
Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

This the future of the sport.
Yeah....every Pro team should scrap their operations and build outlaw door cars.

What it actually is, is another type of drag racing that appeals to some fans. More of a reality show driven gimmick than a legitimate form of drag racing in my opinion, but it certainly isn't a solution to small crowds at other events.

N.H.R.A apparently have taken notice with allowing some small tire outlaw street cars at selected events.

Yeah....every Pro team should scrap their operations and build outlaw door cars.

What it actually is, is another type of drag racing that appeals to some fans. More of a reality show driven gimmick than a legitimate form of drag racing in my opinion, but it certainly isn't a solution to small crowds at other events.

Wrong! This is legitimate racing that his been around for a very long time with a big following long before TV and will be around long after TV. The nitro cars will always be the show but why not add more cars that people will actually stay in the stands to watch. One race with small tires and you consider it a failure? I know add a nostalgia class right? C'mon Bob!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back