Attendence figures and Brutons comment (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
When they interviewed Smith on the coverage last night he said something about he was told the crowd here was going to be the biggest for a Drag Racing event.

A couple of questions. What is the seating capacity for the different drag strips, or at least the biggest ones? I realize with standing room only numbers that its hard to pinpoint.

Also I thought Norwalk puts 40k in their house. Z Land was claiming something in the 30's,

Just curious

Pomona Raceway has always been billed as 44,000 seats, including the temporary grandstand under the approach into Bracket AirField.

last year at the night of fire at Norwalk....i was told they had over 40,000 in the place

The most people I have ever seen at a racetrack was at the Houston ADRL race this year and it reported as 42k.

What about Indy? They seem to have a grandstand that goes further downtrack than most, and there are times during that weekend where they are packed, particularly when I was there for the 50th in '04.

The 2 examples above were one day events. Charlotte filled the place for 3 days in a row.

It's just the usual hub-bub about a brand new spot. It will all be forgotten by Dallas and we can concentrate on the best pts. battle in ALL of racing....FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pomona Raceway has always been billed as 44,000 seats, including the temporary grandstand under the approach into Bracket AirField.

With extremely limited seating on one side of the track, those numbers have to be very optimistic. I would say they could sit half that. There is usually twice as many people there on Sunday than there are seats.

With extremely limited seating on one side of the track, those numbers have to be very optimistic. I would say they could sit half that. There is usually twice as many people there on Sunday than there are seats.

Those are the official seating numbers, I have not taken the time to count them myself and probably won't.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back