Can IHRA Even Survive? (2 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

I really thought Palm Beach was going to go IHRA and get an event but guess it shows what I know.:p

Yeah i think the IHRA did to.. till the found the two FC classes wouldn't return...or so the rumors go...... then it was a no brainer for them to go NHRA....

Billy

Bobby L said IHRA teams are self regulating their speeds due to small budgets. So, if NHRA teams were limited to 2 blowers or 2 blocks for 1320 would you a see speeds go down as well. Some kind of parts limit may just be as good as a HP decreasing measure.

I'm don't mean to speak for Bobby (and I'm not ;>) - But by self regulating I don't think he meant teams only bring "X" number of engines to an IHRA race. More likely some teams 'self regulate' by using parts (floaters, belts, pistons, rods, tires etc.) that some NHRA teams would throw out. (Thus the market for 'gently' used heads, crank shafts, blocks).

Plus since those parts maybe closer to the end of their life cycle - teams aren't willing to push them as hard with the end result leaving rods hanging out everywhere.

That's just my take - and not necessarily the strategy of any team (NHRA or IHRA) in particular.

I'm don't mean to speak for Bobby (and I'm not ;>) - But by self regulating I don't think he meant teams only bring "X" number of engines to an IHRA race. More likely some teams 'self regulate' by using parts (floaters, belts, pistons, rods, tires etc.) that some NHRA teams would throw out. (Thus the market for 'gently' used heads, crank shafts, blocks).

Plus since those parts maybe closer to the end of their life cycle - teams aren't willing to push them as hard with the end result leaving rods hanging out everywhere.

That's just my take - and not necessarily the strategy of any team (NHRA or IHRA) in particular.

As for our team we wont run any parts that anybody would throw out, if its not good enough to go 330mph or 5.50 then its not worth the risk.

As for our team we wont run any parts that anybody would throw out, if its not good enough to go 330mph or 5.50 then its not worth the risk.

I guess I should clarify Curtis. I meant "throw out" figuratively. I jokingly called some parts 'gently used'. There are plenty of parts that some NHRA teams wouldn't use again - but they'd gladly sell you.

PS - I think you meant 330mph @ 4.50. if you guys have figured 330mph @ 5.50 - we need to talk~!

I should really look at what I type! 5.50... not good, old eyes, etc....

Well the car always has been strong from the 330 on, just wait till we get the 60 foot times down!

Curtis or Dave. Do you guys have any idea about your 09 schedule yet?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back