burkart (1 Viewer)

ramblerjay

Nitro Member
it was great seeing phil take it to the finals in florida. it sickens me that espn would rather play ashley force's shadow rather than give phil some love. he wasn't interviewed one time, despite his great performance. i guess a few thumbs up shots is all you get if you aren't associated with JFR.

had to be awkward in the csk camp watching phil wheel a relatively unsponsored car to a better finish than they've had in a long while.

umm.. they interviewed him and a couple from the team... Phil explained the one race deal on tv..... Saturday and Sunday.....

on a differnt note it was great to see him come out for the one race and do so well....

And isn't this the car that Capps brother is suposed to be racing in the IHRA this year too?

Billy

did they interview phil today (elims)? if so, i must have missed it. i could swear they said "we'll get a word with phil right after the break" and instead went right to pro stock. either way i'm still annoyed with the overzealous coverage of everything ashley force does. it was one thing the first few weeks of racing, but its time for them to move on and cover other people who are winning more than her.

did they interview phil today (elims)? if so, i must have missed it. i could swear they said "we'll get a word with phil right after the break" and instead went right to pro stock. either way i'm still annoyed with the overzealous coverage of everything ashley force does. it was one thing the first few weeks of racing, but its time for them to move on and cover other people who are winning more than her.
Yeah, your right Jason...
Burkart is going to bring in so many more 18-35 year old guys to our sport then Ashley and her clearly underfunded team ever could... I guess I have been looking at this all wrong... :rolleyes: Go Phil... Back to the garage...

Yeah Phil was on, and it was great to see him smiling again.
Great to see Paul Smith on also!

Unfortunately, Ashley talks a mile a minute like her Dad now. Bummer.
I just muted it(had the audiocast going at the same time):D

Was it me, or were there far fewer top-end interviews than usual? Personally, most of the interviews are canned sponsor speeches (preaches?) that I don't miss them anyway, but it sure seemed like there were a lot less interviews after runs.

Was it me, or were there far fewer top-end interviews than usual? Personally, most of the interviews are canned sponsor speeches (preaches?) that I don't miss them anyway, but it sure seemed like there were a lot less interviews after runs.
it was a 2 hours show. usually it's 3. I think that's why.

Phil is a really nice guy and I would love to see him get a full-time ride.

You might as well get used to the Ashley media exposure. Even if you don't like her (don't know why) you have to understand what a great blitz this has been for the sport and the NHRA.

Seems that there are always people who will critize those who are doing something they would like to be doing. I remember Angelle taking a beating on here because of her complaining. I try not to be critical of people in those pressure situations. It can be very stressful if you are a hired driver.

A lot of times people like Whit will say something when a camera is pushed in their face. Try it sometime when you are having a bad day.

If you want to complain or start a campaign why don't you start something about having the track at Gainesville resurfaced? That is a problem right now. The transition point from concrete to blacktop is really critical and something needs to be done. Even the sportsman racers were having trouble.

i see jason is another force hater, what he didnt mention was $humacher racing- not force on the camera every 5 seconds, don at the line, tony, still talking about - the run- ect ect. anyhow- congrats to phil. he did do a great job. too bad he didnt win the finals, that was a bummer! i hope he finds some sponsorship money. hes a giant killer for sure.

You guys need to quit..

2 hr show was better I thought..and yes Jason..didn't come back from break with what they said.

Nobody had over-coverage..

And if I might had..Paul Page did great..ok..he didn't make me cringe..I was actually pleased.

First off, congrats to Phil and that entire crew for their amazing weekend. He more than proved he deserves a full time ride...and it's shameful that he doesn't have it! Who is going to be smart enough to capitalize on the mistake made by Worsham racing?

I will admit that I was disappointed he didn't get more coverage and, yes, on Sunday they showed him getting ready to interview, but never came back to him after commercial. A little disappointing, but in the grand scheme of things, not that big of a deal.

Again, congrats and I hope we get to see more of Phil this season!! :)

Last edited:
Congrats Phil! You showed that money can't buy instant success everytime....sorry KB :(

OK let's look at this with TRUE facts...
Round #1 5.634 @ 266.42 and Gilby smoked the tires...:rolleyes:
Round#2 9.111 @ 91.25 and Ashley touched the wall...:rolleyes:
Round#3 4.915 @ 313.09 and Head was a car and ahalf ahead before loosing contact...:rolleyes:
Spanked it a final, that he should never have been in...;)
All the CSK-Del-Arend B.S. is just that... B.S.
With Phil's comments at Pomona, I lost total respect for Phil... Classless and bitter... Back to the garage...

Well, it's always cool to see an underdog do well, and Paul Smith & Phil put on a great show. Everyone talks about who "deserves" a ride. This is a real expensive sport. If Phil never made another pass, he can say he lived his dream, and he's one of the lucky ones who was able to do it on someone else's dime. Rides will always come & go, it's the nature of the beast. Mike Dunn still deserves a ride, and I'm sure we could all come up with a long list of our favorites who are parked for lack of "benjamins".

Ray.. in the books it will say round wins and in the finials... doesn't matter how... he got the round wins... key thing is did he sell some KIA's?...lol

Also some of you are looking at the Ashley Force deal from the wrong angle...

one point made .. and true she will bring a younger crowd of males to the sport.. hopefully.. and she could bring in some new sponsors...of her onw when it said and done....

second one.. is who ever out runs her will get a bit more air time.. be cause the tv will makea point of who advances by beating her.. so it will be good for the other teams to out run her....

And my question again.. isn't the car Burkart did so well in the car Capps brother is going to run in the IHRA this year.. or does no one know?

Billy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back