Buddy Ingersoll 1987 (1 Viewer)

NONE

Nitro Member
Does anybody know if this was a V8 or V6 engine? I saw Buddy at Commerce once with his V6, twin turbo, Buick Regal running in Competition Eliminator. Talk about a quiet ride, you could hear the tires all the way through the quarter.

Photos by Karen Eason.

INGERSOL.jpg

INGERSOL2.jpg

If I remember right didn't he win a final round when his car broke but he was staged, the other guy was so used to not being able to hear him that he didn't know and I think he red lit

Wayne, you mentioned how quiet it was. That fact won him a race once. Seems he hurt the car on the burn-out. He was dead in the water so to speak. His competitor had no idea. Buddy staged on the starter motor. The other car RED LIGHTED - Buddy won.

I'm just assuming here, I could be wrong....:D Buuuuttt..... Since it say's PRO on the window, I'll go with the V-8. I don't think that he ran that car in turbo trim in Pro Stock?

Wayne, you mentioned how quiet it was. That fact won him a race once. Seems he hurt the car on the burn-out. He was dead in the water so to speak. His competitor had no idea. Buddy staged on the starter motor. The other car RED LIGHTED - Buddy won.

type faster Pops :D

I'm just assuming here, I could be wrong....:D Buuuuttt..... Since it say's PRO on the window, I'll go with the V-8. I don't think that he ran that car in turbo trim in Pro Stock?

I remember that Buddy ran his V6 turbo Buick Regal in pro stock at least once and made it to the final against Glidden. The other drivers were quite upset.

Wayne.

I remember that Buddy ran his V6 turbo Buick Regal in pro stock at least once and made it to the final against Glidden. The other drivers were quite upset.

Wayne.

Yeah, but that was IHRA. I'm pretty sure the car pictured in this thread was a V-8 NHRA Pro Stock Car. I might be wrong, though.......

Sean D

If memory serves I remember being at E-town one year when Buddy ran over 200 mph with the Turbo car.
I think this was the first door car to do so at an NHRA event?:eek:

Yeah, I was pretty sure that he only ran the "Regal" in Pro Stock. Wasn't too sure about this car. Seems like I remember something about him testing it and running into a flock of birds downtrack and one got sucked into the hoodscoop?

think the regal ran indy in either 86 or87. ran a 7.o something. deffinetly got alot of attention. v-6 twin turbo car worked great. first time i ever seen a turbo car leave that hard. i wonder if he still has the car. anybody know?

I live 6 miles from Buddy.He no longer has those cars.He has gotten into restoring old gas pumps--------he has about 30 of them.He also has some very nice old mercurys--49's I think.He goes to alot of car shows--and wins.
The yr at Gainsville-it was a PS car(big block)a flock of seagulls was in mid air and in the process of landing on the big end when he went thru there at about 180 mph.They(several) tore the hood scoop off,went thru the windshield and basically exloded inside the car------it never smelled good after that.
The turbo car never went 200----but really close.

Last edited:
I got some idea's from his cars--EFI,nitrous,turbo---- won 2 #1 plates and some 6.60 at 210+ time sli[ps
000_0285.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0287.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back