Bruton Smith Rumor-Atlanta Dragstrip (1 Viewer)

I'd like to see this happen, I went to Commerce once in 2005 and aside from the facility being mediocre at best it was in the middle of nowhere. This would create an interesting situation for the NHRA because they would have a world class facility close to Atlanta but putting the event there would cause them to lose the event at the track they currently own. The only advantage of the track's current location as opposed to Atlanta Motor Speedway is that now you could fly into GSP as opposed to Hartsfield to go to the Atlanta race.

I'm not sure that's an advantage - the Atlanta NASCAR track is a short drive from Hartsfield and there are a lot of hotels and motels near the airport.

You can be to the track from the airport in less than 30 minutes on a "good day". ALso, they just opened a renovated hwy and named it Bruton Smith Parkway that leads to the track from I75. Since then, there are new hotels and a new mall coming......maybe a good idea. Us racers from the area would love it.

Gotta have the mall, gives racers' spouses something to do between qualifying rounds...

Would not mind at all if he built a track near the Nascar track he just bought in N.H. NHRA wants a race in New England. Lots of fans here.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back