Bruce Larson / FC match racing (1 Viewer)

if there was a track near me (and there's not) who did bookings like this, i'd attend every one of them.
i would love to see these cars.....long burnouts, dry hops, flames licking in the nite.....that is FC racing..

May I suggest you take in a GLNFCC event. ( Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Circuit ) They put on multi car shows 4-6-8-with LONG burnouts
and YES dry-hops. All in body's that you WILL recognize. If they come anywhere near you, I highly recommend it.
Their biggest event is in Ohio where they have 30 cars Memorial day weekend.

"I'm not even sure what they would do with 15,000 people at that racetrack."

After reading the article 12,000 spectators over the 3 day event. 4,000 a day times 3 could be true. But more likely Byron inflating the numbers.

I am going off of a published article out of the local rag. Note it says 12,000 spectators, but does not say anything about how many participates.

http://www.rrstar.com/sports/20160717/officials-say-meltdown-drags-was-best-ever-at-byron-dragway

The guys out here in California from the Famoso Speed Shop went and took two car with them. The second year in a row for them,

Not to sound too sarcastic but there is way more drag racing going on than what you see on TV.

Myself,Tony and Mike all live within an hour or so from Byron. Quite aware of what races are out there. As far as the stuff on TV. I don't even watch big show anymore.

Just a little food for thought. A lot of people talk about how the '70s FCs have "recognizable bodies". But that's only true for those who were around in the '70s. A young kid watching a Bruce Larson-type FC may very well enjoy the heck out of it, but not necessarily because he/she relates to a '70s Camaro, Mach 1, Vega, etc.

I hope Bruce and Rocky's guys can make it work. I talked to Bruce about it at Bowling Green this year and he is giving it his all. Just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't really mean much at all.

ive been wanting to build a nostalgia funny car or rear engine nostalgia type dragster and do this exact thing and hav talked to several tracks and they say yes we will book u in but its a chance but I have most of my engine parts just going a little slow

ive been wanting to build a nostalgia funny car or rear engine nostalgia type dragster and do this exact thing and hav talked to several tracks and they say yes we will book u in but its a chance but I have most of my engine parts just going a little slow

Guy, The rear engined TF cars have been tried more than once and just don't seem to catch on at all. Right now the best bang for your buck IMO seems to be to follow the Tom Motry, John Lawson approach. 60 gal or so pump with a fair amount bypassed. HUGE header flames and they haul ass ! They can run a whole booked in show without a ton of maintenance and get paid. Troy Martin and the Chi Town Hustler NFC just switched his over to one and is out testing now. We are gathering parts for one too.

Mark ,,yes hav talked to John also was actual lookin at a late model TF chassis and doing the same deal
single mag fuel engine and if NHRA fields don't get full fields get 1st round money

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back