Brownsburg Open House - the rest of the story (1 Viewer)

The Counterfeiter

Nitro Member
While the JFR tour was very good, I was extremely disappointed that NHRA failed to specifically mention the many other teams who put forth a great deal of effort:
DSR - close look at the new in-house chassis and lots more.
Pedregon - Tony was there and the replica of Flamin' Frank's fuel coupe is just incredible.
Powers - Lee Beard in attendance, very congenial and answering questions. Engine assembly room was wide open - you'll never get closer to a Fuel motor.
Gotham City - Melanie was there and the cars were completely accessible to fans with crew available to answer questions.
Lucas - cars and parts again accessible to fans with John Stewart to answer questions (huge thank you to John for taking me through fuel system and clutch controls).
I'll take a tour of a smaller shop where I can actually get my hands on a car and talk to a crew chief over a roped-off superstore. I don't know why NHRA chose to ignore these other teams, but, as usual, nothing the association does surprises me - :mad:

Alan, its all good man this dood ain't happy unless he's complain bout sumthin.

hope all is well bro.

I know Jim fairly well and just like everyone else he has his opinions on certain matters involving NHRA. He's an optimist and does a lot of good for our sport. I'm glad he's involved in drag racing!

While the JFR tour was very good, I was extremely disappointed that NHRA failed to specifically mention the many other teams who put forth a great deal of effort:
DSR - close look at the new in-house chassis and lots more.
Pedregon - Tony was there and the replica of Flamin' Frank's fuel coupe is just incredible.
Powers - Lee Beard in attendance, very congenial and answering questions. Engine assembly room was wide open - you'll never get closer to a Fuel motor.
Gotham City - Melanie was there and the cars were completely accessible to fans with crew available to answer questions.
Lucas - cars and parts again accessible to fans with John Stewart to answer questions (huge thank you to John for taking me through fuel system and clutch controls).
I'll take a tour of a smaller shop where I can actually get my hands on a car and talk to a crew chief over a roped-off superstore. I don't know why NHRA chose to ignore these other teams, but, as usual, nothing the association does surprises me - :mad:

While I could not find any evidence on NHRA.com regarding Jim's angst, I did find a very nice piece penned by JFR PR DR (hehehe) Elon Werner on Competition Plus. The releases on NHRA.com were pretty un-biased and mention a great number of teams. They were also written in preview of the open house tours. Werner's JFR release on Comp Plus is the only such literary creation that any team has yet to produce detailing the success of the open house tour.

Before you JFR haters continue to jump all over NHRA and ESPN about how much media coverage they receive on the website, National Dragster, and on TV, take a minute to deduce WHY! Dave Densmore and Elon Werner are two of the hardest working, most skilled PR reps in drag racing. John has stated on numerous occastions that he owes much of his legend to Densmore. Werner has been at this game for many years (former media relations wiz and even general manager at the Motorplex) and is learning from the best in the biz. The exposure any team in drag racing gets is only a result of how hard they work and how good they are at getting it.

:p

If you didn't make it over to Bruce Litton's you missed a great tour. Bruce gave the deluxe tour of his "shop" when I picked up my new trailer... very, very, very cool.

I know Jim fairly well and just like everyone else he has his opinions on certain matters involving NHRA. He's an optimist and does a lot of good for our sport. I'm glad he's involved in drag racing!
Agreed, Rich. Jim's posts are well thought out and well written. And Wes, just for the sake of decorum, I wish you'd be a little more careful with the application of "Force Hater" to anyone who happens to feel that there is more than enough Force coverage. Yes, they have a terrific publicity group and they have done much for the sport. But just because I feel the coverage of JFR is over the top doesn't make me a "Force Hater", ok?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back