Brogdon rolls into Joliet (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1](Joliet, IL), Charter Communications Pro Stock driver Rodger Brogdon is ready to roll into this weekend’s Route 66 Nationals, even after coming up just short in the closest first round race in Topeka. Running Greg Anderson in the opening round Brogdon came up just thirteen thousandths of a second short and stated after the run “That loss was my fault, the team gave me a car that should have won and would have won if I had matched any of my reaction times from qualifying. But knowing that we ran the second quickest run in the right lane, and the ninth quickest of the session just makes running again this weekend in Joliet that much more exciting.”

“Tommy (Utt), Dr. Phil and the rest of the team just continue to make progress with the car and other than miss reading the starting line in the opening session we ran well all weekend long.” Brogdon added “With these back to back races at Topeka, Joliet and Englishtown we’re looking forward to gaining some momentum in this Pro Stock battle. We’ll do some testing and try some different setups in St. Louis on the way to Joliet, then get to Joliet and look to keep the ball rolling.”

As the team continues to qualify the Charter Communication Pontiac at each stop on the NHRA tour they are also slowing climbing up in the Pro Stock point standings. With another good weekend in Joliet Brogdon will climb into the top 15 in the Full Throttle standings, and that’s after completely missing the season opener and not qualifying at four other events. “The point standings aren’t an issue right now,” Brogdon commented, “we’re just looking to get some round wins under our belt, and with the progress we’ve been making the round wins will be coming soon.”

This weekend’s race in Joliet will be Brogdon’s first appearance at Route 66 Raceway in Pro Stock, but the former Division champ and Comp eliminator star has traveled the quarter mile here before competing in the acclaimed Jegs Allstars competition while representing NHRA’s south central division.

“Being here racing Pro Stock will be exciting, but we’ll also be watching the Jegs event and cheering on the team from our home division. I know how tough it is to earn a berth in the Allstars event and it’s always some of the best sportsman racing of the season.”

Be sure to follow all of the racing results for this weekend’s event and every NHRA National event on-line at Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030, and with television coverage both Saturday and Sunday on ESPN2. Check your local listings for broadcast time in your area.

Attachments

• topeka%20011.jpg
    topeka%20011.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 5
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back