Brittany is Steve’s only threat but .... (1 Viewer)

If team Brittany find consistency and respectable reaction times I believe she will win it! I hope she does! I like Steve but I like Brittany more!
Agree. But it’s very frustrating that she doesn’t use qualifying and byes to improve her reaction times. If that were a race last night, she’d lose again on a hole shot.

There is something to look at with reaction times. If they are all over the place it is usually the driver - (unless they are changing the car). If they are consistant or mostly consistant then maybe the car setup can be changed or maybe deep stage. Erica Enders had special glasses made and it stepped her up. Brittany used to wear glasses sometimes, but haven't seen her wear them lately.

I'm thinking Joe Amato was the one who came up with a reddish color "sunglasses" that helped with his reaction time.

The car indeed makes a huge difference. Erica Enders can vary her reaction time by as much as .02 just by adjusting the clutch pedal; I've heard her discuss it. But Brittany, and FC driver DeJoria, just don't react as some of the better leavers. We're all different, we can't all be Justin Ashley or Antron. Occasionally those two will go .070 but usually it's .100. Fortunately for them, they both drive top-shelf cars and most of the time, they go rounds. Kudos to the crew chiefs.

I was rooting for Brittany against Torrence. ;)
Mike Salinas is another driver with sub par reaction times. Alan Johnson has probably bitten his tongue more than once when they have lost to a slower car.
Many drivers work for hours on a practice tree, others like Langdon race in a sportsman index class to keep sharp. There are many other things that effect reaction times like car balance, engine placement and clutch settings.

If team Brittany find consistency and respectable reaction times I believe she will win it! I hope she does! I like Steve but I like Brittany more!
You are right but both of those things are monumental to improve.
With the exception of one run yesterday Steve's car was like a bracket car 3.74's in 3 out of 4 runs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back