bristol 2024 (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
- good to see clay on top after Q2
- clay talks with alan about history of bristol in his utube video. i did not know the old strip is still there about 20' under existing. holy cow, that's a lot of dirt
- would like to see bobby bode and buddy hull step up today
- IMO haddock is going to have to improve today to stay in top half
- 10am start for eliminations. hope the weather holds tomorrow

So how effective was the work performed on smoothing out the bumps in the racing surface?

Bumps or not, that was a pretty unimpressive qualifying show for the fuel cars. What in the world is going on with that track surface? I don't buy that it was too hot. 81 degrees or so according to DRC for Q4 is not too hot. We've seen much better runs in hotter conditions at other tracks.

I wonder what the crew chiefs are saying about the track surface?

Bumps or not, that was a pretty unimpressive qualifying show for the fuel cars. What in the world is going on with that track surface? I don't buy that it was too hot. 81 degrees or so according to DRC for Q4 is not too hot. We've seen much better runs in hotter conditions at other tracks.

I wonder what the crew chiefs are saying about the track surface?
track temp for Q3 was 138 and likely didn't go down.

track temp for Q3 was 138 and likely didn't go down.
Pretty brutal today indeed but it was 73 degrees ambient, 103 track temp for Q2 and the #1 qualifier, Millican, could muster no better than 3.78. Same situation in Epping; mid 3.70s was low in conditions where you'd think it would take a low 3.70 to even qualify. (66 degrees, track 83, DA under 1000').

Summer season day racing is going to be dull for fans. It’s hotter than ever and watching less than half the cars full pull is no fun.

It’s been an awful watch that’s for sure. Wooing had me stumped, expected much better runs. But what’s the point of all these night time qualifying sessions coming up if everybody is only going to run 3.8s?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back