**BREAKING-SNAKE&MONGOOSE F/C&HAULERS SOLD TO 'NASCAR' OWNER (1 Viewer)

Chris; By the time of Nitro Fever. Jimmy Wright was driving. We lost Jimmy at a race in Litchfield, IL Jimmy was a close friend to Rick
and the loss of his friend was too much, causing Rick to end the boat racing.
Jimmy made an excellent pass and then drove it into the shoreline. I personally believe it was a Medical problem that caused this. I never heard the cause of death.
I meet and raced with Rick and his dad in the lower Hydro classes. Great people and would do anything to help another racer if needed.

Wow, I didn't know that! Did he drive it? Also, I think it was last fall when Tommy Johnson did some test laps in the Camaro.

I read early last week that the reserve was set at $1.2 mill, so I would imagine they're somewhere in that ball park.

Rick Hendricks has an amazing automotive museum that's very much open to the public right next to his race shops, only a mile or so from the dragway.

Unless I'm mistaken, Hendrick's Heritage Center muesum is not open to the public, never has been.

Here's a link to a local news story about the place
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Exclusive-look-inside-Rick-Hendricks-car-collection-192407201.html

Last edited:
I would say Hendrick is probably the only money they had. Lots of bogus BS goes on at these auctions. Probably the actual sale price was around the $1 million mark. I dont have any personal experience with Barrett Jackson, but I have with other collector car auctions and if you get close to the mark, they will work with you on the selling fees. And I would imagine that is what happened in this deal. I was nice to see them go to someone that does appreciate them, and I wasnt aware that Hendrick's collection was open to the public, which is also good.

;)Randy Goodwin to the tower
Are you doing any color commentary at Pomona?
We want answers...we deserve answers and we want them now.

I don't know. I haven't heard from Alan Reinhart or Mike English yet. Maybe I got fired after the job I did at the 'Finals and never got the memo!

They never had live money during the entire bidding process. And I can almost guarantee Hendrick didn't give 6 million for them. Not that it's any of my business, but it's a sin to see these wonderful cars permanently shuttered in a private collection where no one but Hendrick and his close friends and associates can see them. If you want to see a fine auto collection, arguably one of the finest collection of Corvettes in the world, come to Nocona, Texas and spend the day browsing the 3 buildings that comprise the Pete Horton museum.

The price was $1M, not $6M.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back