Brandon Bernstein Runner-up In Seattle (1 Viewer)

BRANDON BERNSTEIN RUNNER-UP IN SEATTLE;
REGAINS SECOND PLACE IN TOP FUEL STANDINGS

KENT, Wash. (July 22) – Brandon Bernstein drove to his sixth final round appearance and second runner-up position this season at the Schuck’s Auto Supply Nationals. He also regained second place in NHRA Top Fuel point standings.

Persistent rain showers forced NHRA officials to set elimination fields for the 14th race of the 23-event season after only one Saturday qualifying session.

Bernstein qualified seventh at Pacific Raceway with a 4.662/311.20.

Rain delayed the start of Sunday’s eliminations, but the Budweiser/Lucas Oil team displayed impressive numbers in the opening round against Doug Kalitta. Bernstein drove to a 4.540/328.62 victory over Kalitta’s 4.686/303.30.

“The Kalitta team is always tough,” said Bernstein. “We were fortunate enough to get a round win that time. Tim (Richards, crew chief), Kim and the team are tuning tough today.”

In the second round, Larry Dixon was up in smoke early in the run while Bernstein posted another strong 4.541/328.70.

By virtue of this round win, Bernstein resumed second place in point standings.

“Larry and I have been fighting for second place,” said Bernstein. “One week he has it, the next we have it. We need to capitalize on this and go to the finals to help build some cushion.”

In the semifinals against Hot Rod Fuller, the Budweiser/Lucas Oil team ran a consistent, but quicker 4.536/325.61 while Fuller lost traction just past the starting line.

“That was a big round win for us,” said Bernstein. “We’ve had a good season, but Hot Rod has some points on the rest of the field. In the long run, it’s just important to get in the countdown to eight, but we all have that competitive spirit and want to lead the Top Fuel standings.”

Bernstein transferred to the money round to face Tony Schumacher. Schumacher took the event victory with a 4.607/307.79 to Bernstein’s 4.558/328.86.

“The team did an excellent job today,” said Bernstein. “I feel like I let them down. My reaction time was a bit slower than Schumacher’s and that’s what helped him earn the win. This one should have been ours.”

Bernstein is 134 points out of the lead.

Follow the Budweiser/Lucas Oil Top Fuel team at Kenny Bernstein Racing. Please visit our sponsors at Budweiser, Lucas Oil, Initializing...., AlphaTrade.com - digital media and marketing company specializing in creating networking opportunities to build your brand, sell more products, increase your web traffic and gain more attention for your company (OTCBB:APTD) and AlphaTrade FN - Free stock quotes, stock market news & personal finance..

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back