Booher Poised for 2009 Return (1 Viewer)

When Brandon Booher and the Booher Construction sponsored Top Alcohol Dragster Team headed to Indianapolis for their first U.S. Nationals they knew it would be memorable; turns out for the wrong reasons.

Coming off his first Top Alcohol final the week prior at Bowling Green, Booher, a 15 year veteran of the sport, covered the quarter mile in 5.54 seconds in the first round of qualifying to get in the show for the time being. That was where the normalcy of the weekend ended. In the second pass, the fuel line came off the tank about 100 feet out causing fuel to get under the tires and send the car into the right side wall. Booher was able to regain control of the car and although his race weekend over, he was unhurt in the crash.

“It was an experience that is for sure. I have never crashed like that before, but all my safety equipment from ISP and the R3 head/neck restraint did their job and I walked away much better off than the car,” said Booher.

“We stripped the car down at the race track and then on Monday we took the chassis over to Spitzer’s shop and found out that it was basically ruined. So we decided to start over and get a brand new state of the art Top Alcohol Dragster with a one piece carbon body to replace it. Mike, Rick, Brent and Brad do a great job building safe race cars and we really can’t thank them enough for their help. We are hoping to get the new car by the end of this month and take it out in October to the Division 2 Reynolds event.”

“I can’t wait to get back out there behind the wheel and make some more laps down the quarter mile before the season is over.”

Quick Facts

· The Team has been to one final round and currently sits 5th in the Division 3 Lucas Oil Divisional points standings.
· The 26 year-old driver is a former Pro Top Outlaw series champion.
· Booher got his start in Jr. Dragsters at age 11 and moved into the Super Comp class for one year before getting into a blown alcohol dragster when he was 17.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back