Booher Earns First Final Round Appearance (1 Viewer)

Former Pro Top Outlaw Series champion, Brandon Booher, who made the switch to NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster earlier this year, earned his first final round appearance in just his 7th race. Booher, who pilots the Booher Construction Spitzer dragster, runs a unique Coan Converter/Lencodrive Transmission setup, also moved up to 5th in the Division 3 points standings.

“The Team isn’t new and neither is the car, but we have made a lot of changes from when we were running Pro Top Outlaw, so we are still learning about what it takes to run our combination against some of the best in the country who race here in Division 3. We are so excited to have this kind of success so quickly,” said Booher.

The Team qualified #7 for the event with a 5.54 at 256 mph. In the first round of eliminations on a bye run, Booher covered the quarter-mile in a personal best 5.52 seconds. The 26 year-old driver left first in the semi-finals and never looked back running a consistent 5.53 to earn the win light. After getting a big advantage off the line in the final round, the motor unfortunately gave out before the finish line and the Team was unable to make it to the finish line first.

“The car keeps getting quicker every race. My crew is doing a great job and Dad is really starting to learn what we need to do with our combination. We are having a lot of fun out here, and all the people have been great to us. I especially need to thank the Snyder Motorsports Team they really helped us out this weekend. I am looking forward to getting back out there at the “Big Go” next weekend to see how we stack up.”

The Team will be in Indianapolis, Indiana for the US Nationals Labor Day weekend for their next race. For up to the minute coverage of the event please log onto Drag Race Central | Presented by Summitracing.com 1-800-230-3030.

Quick Facts

· This is the first final round NHRA Top Alcohol appearance for the first year Team.
· The 26 year-old driver is a former Pro Top Outlaw series champion.
· Booher got his start in Jr. Dragsters at age 11 and moved into the Super Comp class for one year before getting into a blown alcohol dragster when he was 17.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back