Bob Frey (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Great article on Frey over at CompPlus. Definitely one of the coolest, most knowledgeable guys in the sport.

Great article on Frey over at CompPlus. Definitely one of the coolest, most knowledgeable guys in the sport.

I hope it doesn't go to his head! ;)

Seriously, Bob is actually fun to be around and is a great help to many of us who are covering the races.

Jim

If only we could get Bob Frey to do the announcing with Mike Dunn. NHRA has a great announcer going to each race and they let ESPN use Reid and Page.

Makes me want to go in circles, or turtle.

The first time I heard Bob I thought he was a geek, and I didn't like him at all.
Then after a few races I started to realize how much he knows about drag racing. Stat man to the max, and how he is not afraid to tell it like it is. That is when I came to the conclusion he really is a geek. Probably one of the best Drag geeks ever!
Ill listen to him call a race anytime anywhere.

I knew Bob before he worked for NHRA. He had a little racing paper that I advertised in. He would do the anouncing at motorcycle races, and he was so funny on the mic that I hated it when the bikes made too much noise and I couldn't hear him.

Jay

Bob accounced at Atco back in the 1970's when I raced cars, he had it back then also, something magic in what and how he said it.

I remember him saying in an old interview in SS & DI magazine, "I want to make the race fun for the guy who doesn't know a slider clutch from a brodie knob."

Thanks for the headsup Nunzio! What an elegant piece by Jon Asher.

We have many great announcers these days, but to a hardcore sportsman guy like myself, the voices of Bob Frey and Alan Reinhart will always make me "feel at home" when I'm at the races. I learned more about Comp, SS, and Stock and the teams from listening to these guys than any article I've ever read in ND. When driving into national events it always gets us pumped when we turn on the AM radio and hear either of them calling the rounds before we even get into the parking lot! And living in Hawaii, you should have seen the smile on our faces when we discovered the audiocast and the first thing we hear is Bob Frey calling the (back then) FMD qualifying.

Thanks for all your efforts Bob....in your own words ..."like they say....the crowd goes wild."

Nothing wrong with being a Phillies fan, unless you live in South Carolina and pull for the Tampa Bay Bucs.

What about Bob? It's simple. He brings his A game to the table all of the time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back