Blood Did It paint shop update (1 Viewer)

Kenny Youngblood

Nitro Member
...Ah, I still love the smell of lacquer thnner in the morning!

We're here in lovely Tulare, Ca, workin on Steve Romanazzi's WARRIOR Vega F/C...

This week would have made a great "reality show" as we had 'er all done and when we started to unmask the graphics, the paint came up with it... oh crap!

The paint rep flew in and said it was definitely a materials malfunction, and was very nice and said they'd take care of everything... but it was sand it all off and start over!

Steve is handling it well, but stressed as the car is slated to be one of the exhibition cars at Pomona next week... if you see it there, we made it happen!

Thanks to the nostagia movement, we're back in business!! And I'm sure glad to be here and still able to do as well as I do.... "I'm not as good as I once was, but as good once as I ever was"! Gene Beaver used to tell me I "shook like a dog sh------ razorblades"!

Steve's car has some cool graphics, and it's all hand painted (no stinking "vinyl wraps" here!).

"Blood Did It" on Lisa Lavoie's A/FD (will be at Famoso)... she's now the "Queen Of Hearts"... and Steve Pleuger's Arrow too, with Bucky "The Northwest Hitter" Austin at the wheel...

Love to ya'll!

-The Bleeder

I amazed that none of the modern cars don't get you to paint them , you're like a drag racing painting legend , the don garlits of painting so to speak . If I could afford to field a drag car I would get you to paint it .

Thanks William ... I havn't figured that one out either, except that the vinyl graphics are obviously the only practical way to do the modern cars... I believe the Oakley cars are about the only ones out there that are hand painted (hats off to Jim Jannard)...

Theme cars like the recent Chip Foose cars are all about marketing and merchandising deals...

But hey, it ain't over yet!!!! We've got some stuff in the works for 2007 that could get us out of the ancient history museum... it's still fun, and personally, my hearts with the nostalgia cars...

The only problem is that we have better cars today and we have better race tracks... we just don't have any real "promoters" anymore; folks that care about the fans and putting on a good show... like Bill Doner, Steve Evans, Broadway Bob and others did in times gone by..

Speaking of Doner... we saw him recently at the Mongoose birthday bash and he looks and sounds as good as ever... so imagine this if you will...

...Somebody wakes up at Fontana... they put on three BIG nostalgia races a year (spring, summer, fall)... hire the "Dones" to do the commercials and come announce... thats what I'm talkin about!!!! (there are TEN MILLION people within an hour an a half of that place... come on Dave!)

Don't get me started!

The Bleeder

Kenny,

We are putting FED T/F deal together and we hope to bring the car out next year. I'm going to have the graffics designed to made things easier for all. One of us is a painter, but we will need the graffics painted on the car. What are your prices?

Tom

Fontana, not gonna happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still think you stuff is awesome and I'll see you at Pomona:D

Is it just me? Or should Kenny have the best looking avatar on this site?? I always enjoy waking up in the morning to ALL of my Blood did it Litho's...:D
And then I look at all of my own airbrush work and always thank him for giving me the inspiration...;) ;)
Nice to see you on here Blood!

..........................And then I look at all of my own airbrush work and always thank him for giving me the inspiration...;) ;)
Same here Ray, I started airbrushing when I was a 13 years kid, some 30 years ago and Kenny was my inspiration. I bought all of the Drag Racing magazines, and also the Van magazines, they had all of the cool airbrush jobs in them. Thanks for logging on Kenny and good to see you're still at it.

Thanks so much for all the nice words.. well, due to problems beyond my control, the Romanazzi car is still in the paint shop and we're back in Tulare to get er done!

Mr. Donnie Couch has the car ready to cackle, and the chassis looks like a jewel.. I'm assuming that, unfortunately, this will preclude them from making it to Pomona this weekend..

The 'Ol Bleeder and the Misses are planning to be there however. and God willing we'll be at our "studio away from home" (the Sheraton bar) to do some sketchin in the evenings...

Next week or so, we'll be workin on Gary and Zane Messenger's nostalgia Dodge Charger, which is at Paint 'n Place in Anaheim. Gary tested the tune up in Zane's other car, down at that 1/8 mile track near San Diego last weekend (help me out with the name of the place)... said the facility was good, the operators very nice and the car made some great launches; Zane was smilin' from ear to ear...

Last week here in tulare, "local" Butch Leal stopped by... with that big smile as always!

-Blood out

After watching some of my old drag racing dvds I have laying around , and after watching the nitro warriors dvd I thought I should say good job on those 1988 miller high life cars .

Marty, now that the sponsors are on board, look for some big news from Fontana.:D

April 21st will be the date. How about 64 FUNNY CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me? Or should Kenny have the best looking avatar on this site?? I always enjoy waking up in the morning to ALL of my Blood did it Litho's...
And then I look at all of my own airbrush work and always thank him for giving me the inspiration...;)

It is great to see Kenny so busy again. Here is one of my favorites, that Blood did back in the mid 70's.:D Always enjoyed watching him work. :cool: Of course, I may be biased.;)
Youngblood-739x600-0844.jpg

I am usually very good with my tree identification...;) :D :eek:
Are you sure?? LOL:D
Very cool!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back