Blake Alexander (1 Viewer)

I recall Alan giving me a hard time on the PA once when Jenifer shook both chutes out in the shake zone and I was so frustrated that I said "screw it, let's see what it runs" and let her pull em to the 1320 .... "OK Mr Wizard, now you know....." as he often does Alan's humor makes me smile when I need it. My pro mod buddy (Josh Hernandez) was standing there and told me it would have smoked his blown alky engine to do that for nearly the entire run (enough load for too long to lean it out). Oh well, really depressing to see happen to people. Go Blake, really like pulling for the young guns.

I drug a chute for about the last 1000 feet a couple years ago. I thought my eyeballs were going to come out of my head when I lifted. The extra load made big pretty flames though lol

You shouldn't be able to stage the car at all if:
leaking fluids
chutes out
body can't be latched
tire gone down or flat
any safety equipment missing (nylon wire ties holding restraints...you know who you are!)

even if your competitor blows up while idling without crossing the light beam he should be the one to advance

Buster C giving the "shut it off" motion is seared into my memory....he wouldn't let anything unsafe go.

And, heaven help the driver who was given the "kill" sign and tried to run anyway.

Oh man... That reminds me of the starter at Fremont, Chet Carter. I don't remember which race it was at (late 70's, early 80's) Mark Danekas (sp) Top Fuel car was in the right lane, not the left where he was supposed to run., Chet was trying to get him to move over to the left lane and stood in front of the car while Danekas did dry hops trying to get him to let him run.
Chet did win BTW... He sure was a cool dude.

how rare is blake? young guy who has a few dollars to buy a ride, but instead decides to go it alone? in an entertainment venture that basically has no audience?
i'm on board. best phone call he ever made was to bv and said i'm out; i'm gonna' drive my own FC.

how rare is blake? young guy who has a few dollars to buy a ride, but instead decides to go it alone? in an entertainment venture that basically has no audience?
i'm on board. best phone call he ever made was to bv and said i'm out; i'm gonna' drive my own FC.
Wonder what business he had to sell to buy a fc operation???

No audience? It may not be NASCAR, but I would never describe drag racing as having no audience.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back