Big Daddy to race in 2009!!!! (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

Is he not the absolute best? How about his remarks about his wife? That's funny. Knowing he'll be racing at Indy next year is enough to make me plan on going.

This is fantastic! As for his remarks about what Pat said, I don't blame her a bit. She's been at his side from the beginning and I think she has earned the right to have him be a little more safe at this point in their lives!! ;)

Go Gar!

This is too cool!!! I needed something to perk me up. Just wonderful.

Dave

What class? Knowing Big he's liable to show up with the thing turned into a Pro Mod car! "Pat, I promised you I'd never drive a fuel car again..."

The car will be in Stock w/ a 6.1L as far as I know.
Should be interesting to watch Big Daddy do some 'shoe polish' racing!

I don't think they are stock at all. No heater .. no radio .. no mirrors .. no sound insulation .. no power steering .. no wipers .. no emissions stuff etc. These cars cannot be registered, they are factory hot rods.
They need to get Shirley a Pink one and do some Match Racing at 1320ft.

This car is from Chrysler as a race car,not a stock Challenger off the showroom.The cars will be legal for stock,S/S and comp eliminator.I have heard that Big will run stock eliminator.

I think it's great he's back doing what he loves to do.

I read where Grady Bryant had a match race at Carlsbad Dragway New Mexico with Tate Branch in Identical Dodge Diesel Pickups.
A drivers race ! Grady using Dick Harrell like acumen at the last minute let down the tailgate to take the win best two out of three.
He said there was nothing in the rules preventing lowering the gate.
Tate being the nice guy he is had no comment .

Maybe Big and Shirley will match race at this years BHRA nationals at Texas Raceway on Aug. 7th.
It's a celebration of Drag Racing and remembering the old times.

Big isn't new at running stockers, he had two Max Wedge cars. A 413 and a 426, knowing Big, he probably still owns them both. IIRC he owned the only 4 door Max Wedge car built.:)

and if FOMOCO had any brains they'd get Bob Glidden into a Cobra Jet Mustang to match race Big !

Mark.
I think the Bounty Hunter in a ford cammer would fit better.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY at DETROIT DRAGWAY see BIGDADDY take on Detroit's own Connie Kalitta in the BOUNTY HUNTER

Drew, this is great news, BIG back on the track. And Mark's idea about Glidden and Garlits match-racing is outstanding. They could book all over the country.

It would be the biggest since the SNAKE-MONGOOSE days.

Just went through the museum today...I forgot how much is in there...and of course even more since I was there in Dec '02.

Don has done more for Drag Racing then I could think about doing in 6 lifetimes.

Remember if you ever get even close to Ocala.....you need to go!

Kathy, you're dead on about Big's contributions. I remember reading Hot Rod magazine several months ago and seeing the article about the slingshot he built to showcase the new-style Hemi engine, and I'm thinking, he's in his 70s, he still shows up at events all over the country, how the heck does he find time to go build this car?! Plus he's always restoring something. The guy is amazing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back