Big changes for CHRR 2024 (1 Viewer)

sutton

Nitro Member
The Bowsers (the track owners) have taken over the CHRR from NHRA for 2024. and it will be called the CHRR. I think it will be a barn burner and I hope it is supported. I have not been going, but now if I am still above ground in October I will see you there.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠
PS: it was announced at Pomona

Last edited:
For me, I think I'm going to take a wait and see attitude... From Famoso's Facebook page;

Famoso Dragstrip
Bakersfield, Calif.—The California Hot Rod Reunion, a nostalgia-laced drag racing tradition since 1992, is back! The event returns to its original name and will get a fresh burst of energy and excitement October 25-27, 2024, as the event will be organized and produced by the experienced and talented staff at the fabled Famoso Dragstrip.
The Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum, which created the event more than 30 years ago, will still be a major partner in the Reunion and benefit, but the event will now be in the capable hands of Blake Bowser’s team. The Museum staff will instead be able to fully focus on the Reunion’s sister event, the Wally Parks NHRA Nostalgia Nationals in Bowling Green, Ky., and on other museum-centric initiatives.
“I want to personally thank the Museum staff and its Board of Directors for their trust in me and my staff,” said Blake Bowser, vice president of operations at Famoso Dragstrip.
“We are thrilled to have this opportunity to produce the California Hot Rod Reunion. We can’t wait to put our fingerprints on this great event, and we want drag racing fans around the world to stay tuned as we announce many exciting changes to the event in the coming weeks. This year’s California Hot Rod Reunion should be placed on everyone’s must-attend list.”
“We are excited that the Famoso Dragstrip team will be stepping up to take the lead in producing the California Hot Rod Reunion, said Dale Coleman, chairman of the board of the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum. “Their understanding of the local market and longstanding involvement with the Reunion should prove to be a winning combination as we look towards the future of this great and much-loved event.”
Famoso Dragstrip’s place in NHRA drag racing lore was cemented decades ago with the staging of the U.S. Fuel and Gas Championships, also known as the Smoker’s event, named for the local car club, and an event that later became known as the storied The March Meet is still held annually at the track as the kickoff of the NHRA Hot Rod Heritage Series season. The track also hosts a popular Division 7 NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event and the traditional Heritage Series finale, the Hot Rod Reunion. Tickets go on sale June 1. For more information, go to FamosoDragstrip.com

oh, and it also should be pointed out that there will be a Nitro Chaos race in September at Famoso too.

oh, and it also should be pointed out that there will be a Nitro Chaos race in September at Famoso too.

Gonna be a great race! We're gonna do everything we can to be there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324-183831_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240324-183831_Drive.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 34
The Bowsers (the track owners) have taken over the CHRR from NHRA for 2024. and it will be called the CHRR. I think it will be a barn burner and I hope it is supported. I have not been going, but now if I am still above ground in October I will see you there.
Larry Sutton---Lions Starter🤠
PS: it was announced at Pomona
There is a good read on comp plus.com on the 2024 CHRR. Blake Bowser is working to bring back a better CHRR then it has been in the past year's. He is also working close with Steve Gibbs to mend the fences with the cackle cars and older racers they lost to issues with NHRA.
Larry Sutton---🤠

Reading Steve's response on the Nitro Revival;s Facebook group, all may not be as harmonious as Blake states in the article. I got the impression that there may have been a conversation between the two at some time, but no collaboration. Steve and Cindy plan on having a both at the CHRR promoting the Nitro Revival (as they always have, but at this point I didn't get the impression there is more to it as Steve state the revival is their main focus. Perhaps that may change as time goes on.

This whole idea of not attending is just foolish. It was 9 years and just think of how many friends have passed away in that time. Remember last year, Walt Stevens(RIP) was so excited to attend both these events and sadly didnt make it to either. WE are all like a roll of toilet paper so life moves a whole lot faster as we get closer to the end. Attend as many as you can and enjoy your friends while you can

Gino, the NR should be their main focus as its their event and I'm very excited that it doesnt conflict with ANRA in 24 so I get to attend.

I think you misunderstood what I was conveying Mike. I think this is a good thing and would like to go as we have always gone to the reunion. But a lot depends on where my dad is at that time.

Didn't know the schedule changed as to not conflict with ANRA. Gonna breakaway tomorrow and head for Famoso. I'll find you to say hi. For those who want to watch this sportsman racing and listen to Mike's golden voice, you can here:

Hope Pops is doing well

Thanks for the plug(kind words) and I'll see you tomorrow

Dont forget, Its dinner on Butch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mike, looking forward to being at the track again and around good friends. I'm with dad now.

Can't wait for the dinner too.

Excuse my lack of knowledge on the problem, but what was/is the issue with the cackle cars? They are a great part of the show, especially when they push-start them on the return road.

Martin, it was a big time screw up and sadly some people are still pissed and might go to their grave that way which is sad.

Gino, great conversation Saturday night and glad to see that we pretty much are on the same page. I know that Blake and Mark have some new ideas that can only help to bring back the glory..

Only because you asked...

So- who would be the folks responsible for the SNAFU, and is drawing and quartering them from the yardarm too kind a punishment?

CHRR has always been one of my favorite events to go to, for all the things it sounds like the f^@&Ed up... Somebody needs to be held to the fire for messing up a good thing. 🤬

Many of those "folks" are no longer around. Nevertheless, as Mike says, time to move on.

I enjoyed our time too Mike. Remember, it's not the quantity of time, rather the quality of time. And brilliant minds think alike. Except when it comes to picking baseball teams.

Martin, I dont think anyone involved works at NHRA these days. Good intentions went upside down.

Gino, Dodgers are in first place

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back