Better Duck! (1 Viewer)

That 1990 race marked the first of over 20 national events I went to at Texas Motorplex.
My seats were near the starting line, yet I could feel the concussion from that explosion.
I still can’t imagine what Oswald experienced when that thing let go.
I was in the bleachers at about the 1000' mark for that one (that wasn't the finish line then). This was not your conventional oil down. It was like the oil was barfed out in one great sneeze. It went from guardrail to guardrail, and about 150" in length, just one sudden puddle. Yes, it was one loud explosion. I'll put it up there volume-wise with Shelly Anderson's at Englishtown.

Mark Oswald's honorable-mention contribution to the nitro demolition derby. I was standing by the fence when this 'minor engine failure' took place. Worst I've ever seen, magnified by the fact I was only about 100 feet away when it lit up.

WOW!

That 1990 race marked the first of over 20 national events I went to at Texas Motorplex.
My seats were near the starting line, yet I could feel the concussion from that explosion.
I still can’t imagine what Oswald experienced when that thing let go.
I've made it to 36 of 38 National events - missed one because of COVID and the other because the ambient temp was 104 degrees. and I opted for the air conditioner.

Looks to me like Oswald's biggest bell ringer was when he slapped the wall in the shutdown area. The impact really slammed his head back and forth inside that roll cage. Yeah, it was a bit loud from my vantage point. If I recall his engine dropped a valve which ultimately wound up breaking the crank, similar to the dragster in the opening post. Didja catch the blower impellers out front of the car immediately afterward? I think they set top speed of the meet.... :)

I've made it to 36 of 38 National events - missed one because of COVID and the other because the ambient temp was 104 degrees. and I opted for the air conditioner.

Looks to me like Oswald's biggest bell ringer was when he slapped the wall in the shutdown area. The impact really slammed his head back and forth inside that roll cage. Yeah, it was a bit loud from my vantage point. If I recall his engine hydrauliced which ultimately wound up breaking the crank, similar to the dragster in the opening post. Didja catch the blower impellers out front of the car immediately afterward? I think they set top speed of the meet.... :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back