Bernstein breaks 300 in 1992 (1 Viewer)

I have 2 of the original lithograph prints which are signed IIRC there were only 300 printed, I was a MAC Tools dealer at the time also they made posters I have 1 or 2 of these signed also. I have pictures of KB signing the posters.

There’s something an auto sport enthusiast feels when he sees a car for the first time in person. Seeing the car in photos or on TV is one thing, but when they are right there, close to that fabulous piece for the first time is a great feeling. I’ve seen all types of cars across every racing series in my day. However, the first time I saw to Bud King and it’s red livery with my on eyes after viewing only on TV was amazing. To this day it was the biggest WOW! moment with a car I’ve ever had.

I had a chance to go to the museum at the Indy 500 track. When I walked thru front door, Ray Haroon's Marmon Wasp was right there. the first winner of Indy in 1911. I was astonished to see it. When you see cars like that, the sense of history just kinda blows you away. I remember seeing Garlits debut his back motor car at Lions in 1971. Didn't realize just how historical that car was back then, but am so glad Garlits saved it in his museum.

There’s something an auto sport enthusiast feels when he sees a car for the first time in person. Seeing the car in photos or on TV is one thing, but when they are right there, close to that fabulous piece for the first time is a great feeling......
totally agree steve. went to first nat. event in '88 after growing up seeing the greats in small doses all the way back in 70's......those first 10 or so years going every year to a nat. event to see those names of the sport gave me goosebumps, and then as a 50 year old to walk thru don's museum in ocala was indescribable. brought me right back to my childhood.......cliff, that museum at indy 500 track is on my list too. many memories from my youth watching jim mckay, chris economaki, jackie stewart, etc. calling that great race.

When I was a boy, I used to listen to the Indy 500 on the radio. Roger Ward was one of the drivers I remember. This would be 1958-1959 more or less. The announcer was so good, I could picture the cars in my mind. All roadsters with the Offy 4 cyl engines. Also used to go to a quarter midget track. Would ride my bicycle to the track & watch kids my own age go at it. Got interested in drag racing around 1960, read Hot Rod and Car Craft and all those. Knew about the drags for a long time. Finally got my dad to take me to San Fernando in 1961. Boy I was so excited! heh One of the cars I saw was a 1961 Chevy 409 and it ran 110 MPH. I was so impressed with that car. Wow, 110! Funny the stuff that you remember.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back