Beckman Debuting DSR1 in house chassis (1 Viewer)

A struggling team that is going to debuting a new chassis! I wish them the best of luck.

Norman - DSR fab manager has a huge amount of experience with restoring vintage race cars. This is pretty simple stuff for him. DSR shop is well equipped with chassis table and fixtures and two CNC units. The workmanship on the first chassis was first class. IMHO - a brilliant move by DSR.

Norman - DSR fab manager has a huge amount of experience with restoring vintage race cars. This is pretty simple stuff for him. DSR shop is well equipped with chassis table and fixtures and two CNC units. The workmanship on the first chassis was first class. IMHO - a brilliant move by DSR.

I have no doubt that its first class but they are struggling so changing a component this significant could set them back even further.
I understand that they tested but it's a bold move that could be risky for their shot to make into the countdown.
I hope it works out for them.

Looking into T shirts
will run about $12 in black material, printed one side (getting quote on front and back
whit shirts are almost 1/2 the price.
have a t shirt factory in town, will contact today.
how many wanted??
sizes-thinking just all XL, short sleave
working on artwork
large block letters in red

Looking into T shirts
will run about $12 in black material, printed one side (getting quote on front and back
whit shirts are almost 1/2 the price.
have a t shirt factory in town, will contact today.
how many wanted??
sizes-thinking just all XL, short sleave
working on artwork
large block letters in red

They would have to be black ... you just can't be the darkside with white t-shirts. If the lettering looked just like Alan's avatar ... I think you got a winner.

I have no doubt that its first class but they are struggling so changing a component this significant could set them back even further.
I understand that they tested but it's a bold move that could be risky for their shot to make into the countdown.
I hope it works out for them.
Bob,

They have been struggling. So wholesale changes were needed anyway. Changing the chassis isn't as significant as changing crew cheifs.

I think going to the new chassis now is a wise move. Plus, the new car may be better.

Plus, the new car may be better.

From the "Go2Geiger.com" article:
"Our very first run in the new chassis was a planned 400-footer. It made it to 400 feet and it was quick early, which has kind of been our Achilles Heel lately. We needed to be quicker earlier in the run, and this car showed us that it is definitely quicker earlier. That is exactly what we wanted."

Sounds to me like they have a good handle on what the new car will do already.

They have been struggling. So wholesale changes were needed anyway.

Completely agree. All of DSR F/C has been struggling, and they're about to get hit with new chassis and tire rules. Someone has to dive into the deep end of the pool. And who better than Jack who can seemingly drive anything? Did you read his blog post? Made 11 passes in two days, eight in one day. Wow...

If they can prove the merits of the new in-house chassis for the other DSR teams, that just has to help the whole stable.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back