Barklage racing ready to take on 2009 adrl (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Team Capitalizing on Many Off Season Changes

ELDON, MO. (February 23, 2009) – After a daunting 2008 season, the brother team of Zach and Cody Barklage are ready to take on the 2009 race season. During 2008 the team suffered a series of on-the-track accidents leaving them to regroup over the winter. Now, sporting a rebuilt car, new supercharger, and new attitude, the team will kick off the season with upcoming testing.

“We will take my car out this weekend and test in Houston , providing the weather is good” commented Cody Barklage. “We’ve worked very hard this winter making the necessary changes we feel will make us more competitive. With our new set-up, we plan on making a full season return with the ADRL, some SuperChevy Show Nitro Coupe, and possibly some local outlaw racing. In the past, we were able to be a very strong, winning team. This year we are ready to show our fans and sponsors we're still here and better then ever!”

Remaining at the helm of the operation, Crew Chief , Chad Wilson also has high hopes for 2009.

“We’ve worked very hard all winter,” said Wilson . “Both cars needed a lot of work after last summer, so we took the time to not only rebuild but make some changes. We anticipate Zach’s car to be finished sometime very soon, and hope to make it back out as a two car team early in the season. Overall, we feel our hard work will pay off and we will be back in our usual top form. I think we will have a definite competitive edge in 2009.”

In addition to the major car changes, the team also has a new addition. During the off season, Cody Barklage married his long-time girlfriend Lacey Cowan.

“It was definitely a busy off season,” said Barklage. “Lacey and I got married in October so between building our home this winter, being newly married, and working around the clock on the race car we’ve had our hands full. Although the work was hard, I have no doubt it will all pay off in the end.”

The team has will first appear in competition with the ADRL, which will begin in only two weeks at Houston Raceway Park .

Barklage Racing would like to acknowledge Lucas Oil, Taylor Cable, Sunoco, NGK Sparkplugs, Goodson, Goodyear, Lake Race Products, P & A Drywall, Mark Barklage Drywall, Moreland Well Drilling and Weld Wheels.

Notable

• Cody Barklage was the 2007 Super Chevy Show Aeromotive Fuel Systems Nitro Coupe World Champ
  • Zach Barklage was the 2007 Super Chevy Show Aeromotive Fuel Systems Nitro Coupe Runner Up
  • The team is based in Lake Ozark , Missouri .
  • The team is owned and operated by parents Mark and Cathy Barklage, and operates a large family owned large drywall company in the Ozarks area of Missouri .
  • Zach Barklage had his best ever finish in NHRA AMS Pro Mod in 2004 with an astounding 4th place finish.
  • Zach Barklage just set the 1/8 mile ET and MPH record in Pro Mod at Ozark International Raceway, and currently has the ¼ mile ET record at Tulsa Raceway Park with a 6.01.

Attachments

• Barkledge.jpg
    Barkledge.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 35
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back