Bandimere replacement in the works? (1 Viewer)

Z28LT1

Nitro Member
After reading the Rumor Mill post about a possible new Denver facility, I was looking on Google to see where Hudson County Colorado was and stumbled across this "Race track automobile" on Google maps. Possibly the new site?
1722257176534.png

Bandimere didnt have to sell they wanted the money just like most of them​

You obviously didn't see the houses being built practically up to the gate. They were on borrowed time. additionally, they were out of room; not big enough for a national event anymore.

And, they never had permanent water incoming or sewer out going. Everything was trucked in, for 65 years...

Looks like a good spot,until dumbasses build houses by a racetrack
I wouldn't look for that anytime soon. That area is waaaaay out there in BFE; no campgrounds, lakes, shopping centers, schools, no houses close by occupied by people who might object to the noise. Just a bunch of flat nothing; typical eastern Colorado. The prairie dogs might object but that's about it.

Good place to build a capable facility but damn, I'll miss Bandimere after living in the Denver-Boulder area for several years and attending many races there. Nothing else compares to that challenging, picturesque track.

As a Bandimere native, there has been rumors for years that the track would close. First there was the C470 highway that took a portion of their land (1988)and they had to redo the entire layout of the property. At that time NHRA were demanding an upgrade of the facility so it worked out. However when each team started bringing 2 or more trailers to the event they were forced to eliminate the alchohol cars from the nationals. The neighbor across the street from the track rented out his land to Bandimere when needed. They used his land for the credential trailer, employee parking, excess camping space, additional spectator parking and storage of any equipment/trailers that were brought in for the Nationals. They had a chance to buy the land many years ago but either couldn’t afford to buy it or didn’t want to. He eventually sold most of his land to a housing development. Bandimere has had homes encroaching down the hill towards them for forty years. I grew up 6 miles from the track to the east. What was nothing but open land in the 70’s and early 80’s have become homes. So when the Peterson family sold his land, 2023 was the last year in which they could use his land for extra parking. The decision was made to sell the land.
The buyer (Copart) is going to use the land to store cars and are hoping to turn the souther part of the land for some retail space. I was up there a few weeks ago and was told that August 6th is a big date. I’m not sure if it is the sold date or the date that the sale gets approved by the county. I was told in April that they found land in Hudson Colorado (North of Denver airport) and that they were having soil samples done to make sure they can dig/build on the land. They originally had an agreement for some land in Hudson that wouldn’t work. Also they had specific needs. They need to run the track North/South so the sun wouldn’t be an issue for the drivers. The acres they were looking for was close to 300+ acres which is more than twice as much as they currently have. They are a racing family. They are not a wealthy family that just happen to own a race track. They needed the current facility to sell prior to buying a new one. So I expect several big announcements this week. One with the finalization for the sale of the current track and the purchase of land out in Hudson. They were originally hoping to have a national event in 2025. Because it is so late in the year I don’t believe that would even be a remote possibility. Colorado winters aren’t too kind to construction. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the track open at some point in 2025. I do expect them to have a national event in 2026. The track will be state of the art when finished. I’m expecting something similar to Vegas/Charlote layout. Tammi Bandimere has done a lot of traveling the last few years to most of not all national event tracks. I would expect them to implement a lot of the features we see at other tracks around the country.

I’m excited to see what the track looks like. I went to the final day at Bandimere last year and will go to the first day at the new track. Once we get an exact location I will drive out and take some pictures.

Last edited:
I hope it comes together for them. There’s a major wildlife sanctuary in Hudson which has alot of land. They intake rescued and abused wild animals worldwide. It’s not a “zoo”; it’s a sanctuary which allows visitors and tours. That Tiger King TV show guy who got into trouble…. all those cats are in Hudson now, safe from ever being used, abused and neglected again. It’s an awesome thing they do.
It was also just announced that the American Hockey League’s Colorado Eagles are planning a new 9000 seat arena in West Greeley - which is a nice country drive from Hudson/Brighton area.
So there’s some good development happening on the other side and north of the Denver area.

Unfortunately it’s still a jaunt to get to the Denver airport- as it was with the Morrison site as well. For private air, there’s airports in Greeley, the Front Range Airport, and the more prominent Centennial and Broomfield airports. And I also like that highway and road access into Hudson area doesn’t “require” to get on the e470 toll road…. but it’s an option. I’m excited about it. I hope they can consider the 4 wide realm, and perhaps attract a stock car or open wheel organization to build a roundy track close by as well. As I keep saying though - Denver is a football city; the Californians who are moving here don’t want racing…. they want Football.

I hope it comes together for them. There’s a major wildlife sanctuary in Hudson which has alot of land. They intake rescued and abused wild animals worldwide. It’s not a “zoo”; it’s a sanctuary which allows visitors and tours. That Tiger King TV show guy who got into trouble…. all those cats are in Hudson now, safe from ever being used, abused and neglected again. It’s an awesome thing they do.
It was also just announced that the American Hockey League’s Colorado Eagles are planning a new 9000 seat arena in West Greeley - which is a nice country drive from Hudson/Brighton area.
So there’s some good development happening on the other side and north of the Denver area.

Unfortunately it’s still a jaunt to get to the Denver airport- as it was with the Morrison site as well. For private air, there’s airports in Greeley, the Front Range Airport, and the more prominent Centennial and Broomfield airports. And I also like that highway and road access into Hudson area doesn’t “require” to get on the e470 toll road…. but it’s an option. I’m excited about it. I hope they can consider the 4 wide realm, and perhaps attract a stock car or open wheel organization to build a roundy track close by as well. As I keep saying though - Denver is a football city; the Californians who are moving here don’t want racing…. they want Football.
From the Denver airport it’s only 22 minutes to Hudson, Colorado which isn’t bad at all. I certainly hope they don’t do a four wide track. I’m fine with it being in Vegas and Charlotte because they at least get a 2nd event to do a normal race.

that's a good article. gives pros and cons to annexation. 16 acres for morrison on south end of property is not a lot of land.
at&t or verizon .... coffee franchise .....chipoltle or similar food franchise ..... workout center .... wellness/fitness facility ..... women's clothier

I sure hope Mr. and Mrs. Bandimere have a strong network of family, friends and partners behind them.
They look to be getting to the age they might, instead, want to sit back in a secluded cabin somewhere and just watch the clouds go by.
Goodness knows, they poured their hearts and souls into the original track to make it as great as it was.
I pray they can do it again with the new track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back