Bama Boys Shot Glass (1 Viewer)

cephus

Nitro Member
Well we just received our hydrometer today and low and behold i went back down to the Nitro-shine R & D room & Fuzzy,Elvis & Baker was doing shots in the meter glass, guess i will be failing fuel check next year:) actually was reading 120% gotta trim some of the peach fuzz off the barrels:eek:

as you guessed it's 5 o'clock somewhere:D

G Freddie

Have you proofed it yet?

If it burns blue, it is good for drinking ... if it burns orange or yellow ... it is good for racin'!!!

I thought you Kentucky boys knew that proofing is the reading of the bead. Are you sure you're not from Tennessee?

:D

You are talking about the scientific way to proof alcohol, with hydrometers and such. You oughtta know we have much simpler ways of doing things in Kentucky.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ... I was privy to sales of alkyshine. Before a price was agreed upon, one of the mason jars was opened and a teaspoon was dipped in then lit with a lighter or a match. If it burned blue, the shine was deemed "proofed" that it was good for consumption. If it burned orange/yellow the shine was either bad or had some funky additives and thusly was "proofed" that it was no good for drinking (though it was very good for keeping the diesel from turning to slush in the tractor in the dead of winter). If it burned a faint flame, it was "proofed" that it was watered down and that's normally when the shouting began.

Besides, there ain't no accountin' fer what them boys do down in Tennessee. ;)

Scientific? Heck, I was talking about shaking/swirling the mason jar and seeing how long it takes for the bubbles to go away. Of course, for a true hillbilly that is kind of scientific.

:D

Merry Christmas, dude... hope ya had a good one!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back