AutoClub Speedway permanently closes drag strip (1 Viewer)

I think Gary Densham and Del Worsham made some hits in their funny cars there a few years ago but I think they only went to 330'

Barona isnt going 1/4 mile. The cost is just way to much.

Fontanas timing equipment was all there a month but I sure wouldnt be surprised if its gone now.

just a little shut down tid bit, when you ratio out 1/8 mile vs 1/4 mile Baronas shut down is longer than Fontana or Pomona

Not to start a pissing contest, but in my little dragster, at Barona you had to get hard on the brakes right at the line and the turnoff still came up quick. it really gets your attention. At Fontucky, I generally coasted and lightly scrubbed the brakes and at times had to drive to the turnout. That is with a 9.70's dragster. The Top Dragster guys I ran against in Summit Super Pro will have a much different story to report about the place. Nothing like pedaling along at a buck 35 when a supercharged Top Dragster comes by you in the lights, 70+ mph faster and both chutes out. Once you get over the initial shock, it is really cool to see that from the front row.

For us:
Getting the car stopped at Fontana going 175 MPH, no problem.
Getting the car stopped at Pomona going 175 MPH, no problem.
Getting the car stopped at Barona going 145 MPH, no problem.
Trying to get our crew cab dually turned around on the Barona return road, big problem. :mad:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back