Audiocast Quality (1 Viewer)

clwill

Nitro Member
Yes, another b**ch thread. But has anyone in charge at NHRA ever listened to the audiocast? It is hard to imagine sound quality any worse than that.

It's not just that it's so badly compressed that it sounds like someone has simply placed a phone next to a speaker. But the gain is so high that every single sound hits the limiter and blasts into a distortion-filled blur. Add in the ridiculous mix of hard rock filler that is too loud and drowns out the announcers and it's virtually unlistenable. Every race day my wife leaves the house because she can't stand the "screeching".

Yes I know race tracks are temporary venues and setting up that service has to be hard. And yes this is another whine from the cheap seats. But it's 2012 and thousands of teens broadcast cd-quality Internet radio from their parents' basements. There has to be a better way.

It seems to me that if the audiocast is worth doing, it's worth doing right. I look forward to it every race day, and every race day I find myself thinking "really, professionals broadcast this?" Someone at NHRA should spend a little time listening from the other end and trying to make it listenable.

All great points. However we all know, if NHRA aint losing money on it or can't make any more money on it, nothing will change. Same goes for the mobile app., that was $5 down the drain.
I will continue to watch what's available on ESPN3 and follow the right people on Twitter for instant results. At least until NHRA files a copyright suit against Tweeters. :eek:

I would like to publicly point out how great the "beta" feed is, and eat a little crow. What a massive improvement!

Thank you NHRA for doing something about this.

I would like to publicly point out how great the "beta" feed is, and eat a little crow. What a massive improvement!

Okay the phone off the hook made me notice this, much better:D

S/F
D

You aren't kidding, I just checked out the Beta feed and the quality is light years ahead of the old feed.

LOL when it works, it goes down just like the old feed. Not working for me.

Mine went dead in the middle of FC. I reloaded the page and it started with Alan announcing the K&N challenge participants so it jumped backwards by 90 minutes.

Did anyone try out the Beta Version?
It works on My I pad.;)
I have read that flash player is on its way out so the must be trying a new format?

took me a second to find it (bottom of the page you'd normally be at when listening) .... listening now on my iPhone ... awesome! Thanks NHRA, make the Beta permanent please!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back