Arctic Ocean Getting Warm; Seals Vanish and Icebergs Melt (1 Viewer)

Don

Nitro Member
The Arctic ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consul Ifft, at Bergen, Norway.

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers, he declared, all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met with as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm.

Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared. Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts, which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds.

Oh I forgot...
This was an article that was published in the Washington Post newspaper..

November 2, 1922

:D

Do we have to start this B/S again?

Mike, your right classic BS, they seem to go away for awhile then come back because they're ran off from where they were. You know these guys must have skipped science class in school. If they had attended class they would know that the earth was once totally covered with ice. Warming of the earth started millions of years ago, maybe the caveman started global warming:rolleyes:

I felt bad for Al Gore and his followers after our record breaking cold and wet winter this year until they changed their tune to "Global Climate Change" to perpetuate their argument.

The environmentalists will always find an argument against humans continuing to live their lives. One day they will find out that we aren't in control of such things - God is.

I am working in Edmonton, Canada for the second time in three weeks. It was -10 Centigrade last night. Watching CBC news, they are reporting record snowfall all across Canada. In fact, Edmonton is WAY OVER budget on brine, salt, snow removal costs in general. So much so that other parts of the budget have been cut or removed altogether for the rest of this year. St John's Newfoundland has received 100 cm of snow in the last 5 days and people's roofs are caving in from the weight of the snow.

Put "global cooling" into Wikipedia's search engine. That's the scare they were floating in the 70s.

If the ice does melt and our shores start to disappear, won't we be able to just start moving north to where more land does appear? Maybe those Canadians aren't so bad, after all! :D

We'll just do them like the Mexicans have done us! If it gets that hot, they'll be the only ones who'll want to live here, anyways. We'll just push the Canajuns further north. :D

Mike, your right classic BS, they seem to go away for awhile then come back because they're ran off from where they were. You know these guys must have skipped science class in school. If they had attended class they would know that the earth was once totally covered with ice. Warming of the earth started millions of years ago, maybe the caveman started global warming:rolleyes:

Relax Jesse. I posted the way I did to prove a point. I waited until someone spoke out and then pointed out the article was from 1922. Climate change runs in cycles. It gets warm, it gets cold, it gets warm, it gets cold, etc etc etc etc. I did not skip science class...thank you very much.

LOL, Don...I caught it Dude.

Knowing your posting & attitude..I knew something was to follow.

I like it..and it even got a couple to bite.

Actually I think that George Carlin got it right when he talked about how dynamic a place the planet is and the arrogance of us humans to think that we can control it.

He said, "One day, the Earth will just shake us all off like a bad case of fleas.":)

Don, don't mind the article. I just think it belongs in the Politics room.

Wouldn't it only be political if Don was making his point based only on some political partisanship? Just because Al Gore's a politician and pushing the global warming stuff, does that mean we shouldn't be able to discuss it in the lounge?

Gore is a former politician and current Nobel Prize and Academy Award Winner.

The scientific community is about 98% behind the concept of global warming. It's amazing that many people still consider global warming a matter of opinion.

-90%

The scientific community is about 98% behind the concept of global warming. It's amazing that many people still consider global warming a matter of opinion.

-90%

Global warming has been happening for millions of years, I don't understand what
the disagreements and controversies are.:D
+100%

-90%

I don't think most people dispute the "concept" of global warming; after all, we know it exists because we know there was an ice-age and now, thousands of years later, most of the ice is gone. Where'd it go? Must've melted. That concept is not in dispute.

What is in dispute is whether downtown Manhattan is going to be underwater as Al (I invented the Internet and Table Salt too) Gore claims it is going to be. The answer, IMO, is, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW.

In the early 1900's we were all going to either drown or roast in the heat. Mid 1900's we were all going to freeze to death. Now we're going to drown/roast again. Climatologists can't accurately predict what the weather will be like next week; let alone 50 years from now.

I don't think most people dispute the "concept" of global warming; after all, we know it exists because we know there was an ice-age and now, thousands of years later, most of the ice is gone. Where'd it go? Must've melted. That concept is not in dispute.

What is in dispute is whether downtown Manhattan is going to be underwater as Al (I invented the Internet and Table Salt too) Gore claims it is going to be. The answer, IMO, is, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW.

In the early 1900's we were all going to either drown or roast in the heat. Mid 1900's we were all going to freeze to death. Now we're going to drown/roast again. Climatologists can't accurately predict what the weather will be like next week; let alone 50 years from now.

WELL SAID EDDY!!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back