Any statement from NHRA yet about this race? (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
Hey, it's a day and a half already lost to rain, and track drying will take a long time I bet. Is there an announcement forthcoming from NHRA about the status for completing (oops, starting the racing) this race or canceling it? Just wondering since it's been quiet so far?

Alan, Larry, anyone?

I was wondering the same thing, when you click on the Audiocast there is a general announcement saying "this event is currently in rain delay, we'll go back to the event as soon as play resumes" and that's it. I've kept the audiocast on but still have yet to hear anything. If the rain stopped now and they dried the track they probably couldn't start before 2, which means they would get the two pro sessions in but would still be way backed up on Sportsman action.

We are drying the track, the forecast still sux but it's not raining right now,

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the update. I've been waiting to hear something....as have many others I'm sure.

Unless they did a lot of work since last April they are definitely not paved. Best is some rock over sandy soil. I would imagine all the lots are swamps since they have had something like 3.5-4 inches of rain in the last few days.

NHRA.com says it's cancelled and rescheduled for next weekend. What happens to Atco now? I wonder what the TV schedule will be like, hopefully it will be similar to Maple Grove.

Who knows what`s in store for next weekend...it`s VA in mid-October, it could be snowing!

Same schedule next weekend, except the Pro Mods chose not to return.

Weather forecast looks a bit better next weekend, but the prognosticators are predicting another cold front and a chance for rain for next Thursday.

Things could be worse - we just lost a race. A lot of folks in Richmond are under water - again. There's a low-lying area in Richmond called Battery Park and there were some lovely shots of water spraying up into the air from the storm drains on the news today. Like New Orleans, there are pumps, but the two-day rain was heavier than the pumps could handle and a bunch of people are in temporary shelters tonight.

I guess the only thing I'll be recording this weekend is Ferrari vs. Renault, Schumacher vs. Alonso, Michael's penultimate race, the last one (for now) in Suzuka, Japan...

Rain sux!!! But atleast I have F1 to keep me going this weekend. Talk about drama... and I so wish Michael wasn't retiring.

How many cars will show up in Virginia next weekend I wonder?

What are the parking lots like for us fans? Are they paved like Englishtown or dirt, opps I mean mud?

The word "quagmire" comes to mind for the grounds at VMP. The RV area would have made a good mud bog, some areas were over ankle deep in water. The parking lots surrounding the track looked pretty much the same. I'm just glad that I was in the RV area, stayed dry and warm until they told us the show was over. Back for another try next weekend.

Murdock.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back