Antone else notice the horrible ESPN2 audio? (1 Viewer)

Steveo

Nitro Member
Just got around to watching elims for the weekend's race and I could barely watch it because the audio levels were so f-ed up. Whoever was doing the audio mixing should go back to school... Most of the time I couldn't hear Dunn and Paige over the fan noise. It also sounded the same during the Raceday show which I just deleted after trying to watch for about 5 minutes.

Anyone else notice it too???

just watched again i didnt notice anything but sometimes the music was a little loud. other than that no problems... who is your cable/sat provider? i have comcast

Heck man; unless you're there in person - when it's bad... it's good! :D
My Sister-In-Law thinks everytime a NASCAR race is on and they do thier little "turn it up" version of "Sounds Of The Strip" segment, that it's the coolest thing in the world. Granted, she's never been to a FTDRS race. I try and turn it up when ESPN2 does it for NHRA shows when she's around .... to this day, I cannot describe to her.... I'm like, "you have no clue" what this is really like in person.

I watch in HD and 5.1 surround with no issues. The only network I have ever had problems with "piped in" noise is Fox during their NFL broadcasts, there is a constant, manufactured crowd noise coming from the rear speakers.

One thing that always cracks me up during the NHRA broadcasts is that they try to give you the impression things are happening in real time. They will show a car getting back to the pits and they will say something like "Driver X's car is already back in the pits being worked on" and will show it in split screen mode with the next pair of cars staging ... then over the audio of the air guns on the pit side you will hear the fuel cars making their pass ... yet on the racing side of the screen the cars aren't even staged yet. Not a big deal ... just cracks me up.

Does your TV have a "simulated surround" mode? If so, shut it off. This happened recently at my folks house (watching a baseball game I think). Sounded horrible and gargly... turned out the simulated surround mode wasn't playing nice with whatever audio they were sending. Not sure why.

Anyway, sounded fine to me in Dolby Digital 5.1.

I recorded the program and no problems whatsoever. You might want to check your connections, and, as always, consult your local listings.......:confused:

No, honestly, I didn't have any problems. I suspect your issues are local to your area. Anyone else you know from your neighborhood have issues??

Possibly the tv's secondary audio channel was on?

It would suck if they dubbed super comp engine sounds over the nitro cars like they do in other shows.
ok, I'm leaving now...:p

If you have a surround sound setup ... go into the setup of your TV and turn your TVs internal speakers OFF. They serve no purpose in a surround setup ...

This weeks broadcast seemed fine. I didn't find any issues with my TV or cable box settings either. Could have been a local cable provider problem I suppose...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back