another failed drug test / suspension (1 Viewer)

That's not a race. You're at a race track for a race. The race is dawn to dusk, not 24/7 like trucking.

Seriously. If you're racing a national event you get maybe 2, maybe 3, passes in a day. Let's say, just to be generous, it takes you an hour to get ready and to make a pass. So in the other 7 hours a day that you're not racing and the testing place is open you are doing what? My guess: drinking a boatload of water to get the liquor out of your system... :rolleyes:

Tell that to the crew members who will stay up all night to repair/rebuild a car so they can run the day (remember that the crew members have to take the piss test too).

Tell that to the crew members who will stay up all night to repair/rebuild a car so they can run the day (remember that the crew members have to take the piss test too).

That was not the case here, and to my knowledge has never been the reason someone didn't make it on time.

Make all the excuses you want, the hours of the test center are no reason for someone not to get there. There is plenty of time. It's an excuse, nothing more.

My micturition manifesto was most curiously removed. I feel violated in ways far beyond those mentioned in that post.

Has the 'Mater really knuckled under to political correctness? Or do they own stock in the drug test company the association employs?

:D:D:D

For starters I have no axe to grind with Justin. I don't know him well, but he has always been kind and accomodating when I have spoken with him. As Virgil stated, he was served at 8:35 AM on Friday. First run Friday was at 4 PM, he hadn't made a run yet so "staying up all night to fix the bike" is ridiculous. There was about a three hour rain delay. perfect time to dash over and get it over with. I don't know why he didn't.

The test lab is an independant lab, they have no ties to NHRA other than the contract to test. I doubt that many if any in the trailer even know who are the stars and who are the workers. The rules for testing are COMPLETELY those of the lab, NHRA has NOTHING to do with that.

Graham has been tested, and more than once, many of the Safari have as well. It's not just drivers. Over 150 people were tested this weekend and they all got there within the 24 hours.

When I was in construction I was a foreman and a CDL driver, we had random tests and I got a few over the years. At my company, they told you when you showed up for work that you were being tested today and the clinic closes at 5 PM. If you don't make it you are fired. End of discussion. Some went right then, some at lunch and if it was summer when we knocked off at 2 some would go after work. Some didn't go at all, and picked up their last check the next Friday. My company had NOTHING to do with the rules, or procedures, it was all the lab, even the list was a random generation.

Blaming NHRA or Graham for this is like me Blaming the State of Arizona for my car failing an inspection. You know when you sign up what the rules are. When you are served the paperwork they explain VERY clearly what the rules and penalties are, as well as the hours the lab is open. After What happened with Mike Strassburg why would anybody wait until the last second? I know I wouldn't.

Alan

I've never been called for an NHRA drug test and I've been self employed my whole life so I've never had one at work either.

My normal body temp is 97.3 deg. My wife tells me I am cold blooded. :D

I wonder if the same could be true for Justin? I would think if you chug a bunch of water it could lower the temp of your sample a little more?

I probably should voluntarily figure out if I would fail the temperature deal before I find out he hard way, eh?

I said it before and I'll repeat it again; if my livliehood depended on me getting a drug test done within a certain window of time, no way in hell would I put it off until the last minute.

David;

If part of being a racer was not putting everything off until the last minute, it would be way easier on us in the service side of the industry.

Slightly off topic, but I am required in my job to take an annual, as well as be subject to random 10 panel drug and alcohol(breathalyzer) tests. I've also taken an NHRA random, way back when they first started. The 10 panel is absolutely not 100% foolproof accurate. I had a very slight positive on one panel once in work in which I had taken not a drop of medication, only a multi-vitamin, and certainly no drugs. I know of others who it has happened to as well. It was not a failed test, and rightfully so, at least in my own case. I wonder how this would be handled on site if this were to happen to someone at a race?

WOW ... AJ Allmendinger is out of the #22 Penske Dodge at Daytona due to a failed drug test. NASCAR notified Team Penske 90 minutes prior to the race tonight that Allmendinger's A sample tested positive, so they will be testing his B sample. In the mean time, he is barred from competition. Sam Hornish will drive in the 22 tonight.

If this happens on the NHRA side, do they have 2 samples to test from? In other words, does the driver have to provide 2 samples when he takes his NHRA drug test? And if they do fail the A sample, do they test the B sample right away (which apparently they do not do in NASCAR)? Is the driver suspended in NHRA pending the B sample test?

WOW ... AJ Allmendinger is out of the #22 Penske Dodge at Daytona due to a failed drug test. NASCAR notified Team Penske 90 minutes prior to the race tonight that Allmendinger's A sample tested positive, so they will be testing his B sample. In the mean time, he is barred from competition. Sam Hornish will drive in the 22 tonight.

If this happens on the NHRA side, do they have 2 samples to test from? In other words, does the driver have to provide 2 samples when he takes his NHRA drug test? And if they do fail the A sample, do they test the B sample right away (which apparently they do not do in NASCAR)? Is the driver suspended in NHRA pending the B sample test?
Some big differences as I understood it ...
  1. Test was taken last week, results became known yesterday.
  2. Driver must request IN WRITING within 72 hours that B sample be tested. It is not automatic. Sounds like that's your appeal in NASCAR

Curious as to why there is no outcry here about the release of the NASCAR news. NASCAR held a freakin' televised news conference to announce the suspension. The Mater was ready to crucify NHRA because of the Finley press release, imagine the explosion on the Mater after an NHRA televised news conference

Everyone else has tossed their 2 cents in, so I guess I can, too. Like most, I see no reason on earth why an innocent racer would put off something as important as a drug test so long. I can think of dozens of reasons why someone with something to hide would do that, though. Here's something else to consider: drug tests aren't always perfect. The company I now work for changed hands a few years ago and we all had to re-apply for our jobs and get re-hired, including a drug screening. I don't drink or do drugs, yet I failed. One of my best friends who neither drinks or does drugs also failed. My foreman also failed. It seems as though they tested for certain prescription drugs and because of that, we all had to re-test and the second time we all passed. I know that the more they test for the more the test cost the company, and the new owners were evidently testing for everything. My current supervisor recently told me that now they only test for weed, meth and coke as well as alcohol content if you have to test due to an injury. Why would a racer who knows there's a strong chance of testing do something that would cause him to fail? Who knows why people do things like that anyway? I don't know why he failed and neither does anyone else on here. Maybe it really was a bad test and he'll be cleared later, but tossing around conspiracy theories on the internet just shows a lack of clear thinking.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back